WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    I like the way they look and I'd like to get a set of seats, but weight is major stipulation for me. I've heard you cant/shouldnt use kirkeys without a full roll cage in the car to. So they've gone out the window for me
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to run kirkeys without something supporting the backs, let alone they're uncomfortable as all hell.

Looks like 27lbs on the CR1's. If it weren't for the fact that I like to use the back section of the car and I plan to let my daughter ride in the back seat, I'd run a roll bar so I could run harnesses but that won't happen for a long time.

Comment

Had some fun, went out on Saturday and froze my butt off. Somebody snapped some pics and I found them on facebook. I've got plans on taking some really good pictures. Car needs a repaint bad as you can now tell.

That's on Konis/Stranos on the lowest perch with 1/2" spacers on the wheels to flush them out a little better.

Comment

Had a saggy driver's side tailpipe due to a worn out rubber hanger. A&B Muffler here in town welded in a bracket instead, free of charge since they installed the exhaust originally. Good customer service right there!

WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN THAT BE!?

Well, I could have sworn I saw something...

It's a 75mm truck throttle body. Gonna test some things out after doing a few pm's with a certain special someone.

Comment

Looks gigantic

Comment

Awesome thread man

Comment

That's HUGE!!!

Is there an advantage having it that big? Unless you plan on force induction.

For NA is there an optimum size for TB?

Nice touch on the Princess Bride. My lady has seen that movie more than a 100x's.

Comment

It is planned for a boost build. Stock is 65mm I think, but can't recall for certain. It will be ported a little and smoothed out to make it all optimum. I'm gonna have a holden intake manifold modified to run it. That'll all go on later, ordering the 8 wire pigtail for it to do some testing.

Comment

Yes, stock is 65mm.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

nice supra

Comment

how's it coming?? me and a buddy will have a plasma cnc machine in the next few months i was thinking about making adapter plates but don't think theres really a market for it.
                      Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                        how's it coming?? me and a buddy will have a plasma cnc machine in the next few months i was thinking about making adapter plates but don't think theres really a market for it.
                        How is what coming? The intake project? It's been stalled for a little while, will be shipping it out soon.

The car has been running excellent, will be dyno tuning it probably at the first of the year.

Comment

did you just copy the transmssion tables off the gto? i saw you askin for help on the hptuners site. not much support there for v6 guys. did you have to alter the t56 input shaft or your driveshaft? i know you hafta alter the crossmember, other than that is it just the adapter plate?
                          do you feel a loss in acceleration at all?
                          Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                            did you just copy the transmssion tables off the gto? i saw you askin for help on the hptuners site. not much support there for v6 guys. did you have to alter the t56 input shaft or your driveshaft? i know you hafta alter the crossmember, other than that is it just the adapter plate?
                            do you feel a loss in acceleration at all?
                            I fixed it, just scaled it until the speedometer was close with the GPS.

No alterations on the input shaft. Driveshaft was fine. My crossmember is modified as shown in the previous posts. You need a slave cylinder spacer as well, I think I'd mentioned that too. I've got a full write up on other forums, but the image limitations per post here makes it hard to perform a correct write-up with all the images/info I have in it.

No loss in accell. I can still spin the tires in 1st and 2nd (275's on the rear with 3.42 rear gear).

Comment

I'm hoping to do this sometime soon... I have a feeling 4.10s in a DD are going to be rough.

Comment

why do you say that?
                                i've got a rear end sitting around with 3.73's but wouldn't mind going 4.10's with the 6 speed, since it would still be low rpm highway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X