WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

While waiting on other things, got the car cleaned up a little, got the transmission to finally shift the way it needs to and tried to get some things ready to fire it up.

Felt really good to clean it up as well as for something to finally go my way with the transmission since I had been worried that it might need to be pulled out...again.

Comment

Nice what did you have to do with the tranny?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I think I just needed to turn it over a few times to get some fluid on it. The builder said the new billet pieces can be a bit firm to shift the first time around.

Comment

How did you get the cts bakes to fit on the rear and front ? Is it custom brackets? They are massive. Lol
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Drilled open the front uprights. Rears use an adapter and backing plate.

Comment

I looked into how much that runs even with used parts its alot of money , so I'll stick with doing the front LS1 brake upgrade. The rears are already done from drum to disc. I don't drive mine alot so I'll stick with my upgrade list which is the brake upgrade and t-top conversion for now. I decided to not do the st5 cam for now and wait until next year. I'm dropping mine off Monday to get the head gaskets done and some odds and ends. When do you plan on firing up yours?

Comment

Hopefully soon. Always waiting on other people to get me the parts I need, lol. I'm gonna be gone to TX2K16 for the week and won't be able to do anything to it then.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                  Drilled open the front uprights.
                  Sorry - but that's just not a good idea anytime.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I opened the ID by only about 1.5mm tops. I didn't hog it out, used a drill press with it squared up and used a crapload of oil to keep everything cool while slowly stepping through the setup. I've seen multiple road raced and autocrossed cars use this setup consistently with 315 hoosiers all around without an issue. I'd have a wheel hub bearing failure long before I could ever imagine having uprights fail.

It's not like I magically exceeded the margin of safety for the uprights. I'd much rather do this than the various adapter brackets out there that introduce two or more points of failure on top of it all.

Comment

Catch can finished by my friend at EPS Tuning, came out really nice! Laptop was dead so couldn't load my tune and it got late so I didn't want to fire this thing up with open headers after some neighbor's bedtime. I'm already that guy, I don't want to become THAT guy.

Comment

IT LIVES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqWC3Em9AM

Comment

First time out on the ground w/ the new wheels. Needs an alignment bad! The front Toe-in is so much that it made it hard to push the car out of the garage, lol!

Comment

Sounds good for just idle. No exhaust yet I assume? I still can't get over those massive rotors.

Comment

Still open headers with turn-downs. It was so loud just from a few seconds of idling that I had a serious headache after. My neighbor across the street could hear it clear as a bell inside his house, LMAO!

Comment

Finally got some time to let it idle and warm up so I could burp the coolant. Gotta go get that exhaust hooked up though, lol! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WPGgBwYlVI

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X