2008 Camaro ( another flop for GM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
    it looks like the new mustangs w/some first gen cus thrown in. Instead of a whole new design like they did w/the gto (which is geting beter) they did retro, which menas they (like ford) did't have any good new designs, and started peicemealing past yrs cars for teh whole "new-old" look. I bet it will be priced up there liek teh gto is (and they wonder why it's not selling as fast as they wish) and for those who say it brings back the mucle car (not just the look), well, define ?muscle car".

that's all.
    The GTO wasn't 'a whole new design'. It was a Holden Monaro with a different front clip. GM even said it was to tide us over until they could get a new design and plant built in the US.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by lambo101:
      how much hp do you guys think the v6 version of the new camaro will have? i'd guess about 260.
      You guys are thinking low.... I don't think GM will hang us out to dry again like the 3.4 did or try poorly like the 3.8.

I see our biggest problem bring the aftermarket. Making sure that IF it's built, we have vendors willing to go the distance for the motor GM uses. If not, GM will without a doubt have issues.

Steve
      FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
      Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
      Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lambo101:
        how much hp do you guys think the v6 version of the new camaro will have? i'd guess about 260.
        You guys are thinking low.... I don't think GM will hang us out to dry again like the 3.4 did or try poorly like the 3.8.

I see our biggest problem bring the aftermarket. Making sure that IF it's built, we have vendors willing to go the distance for the motor GM uses. If not, GM will without a doubt have issues.

Steve
        </font>[/QUOTE]I just don't see GM putting that much into the V6 version. The point of having a V6 version is to make it more affordable, and according to your other post, its going to have a cheaper interior. I still say the 400HP LS2 version is going to be an SS. Then the Z28 will be between 300-350HP and the V6 will be between 200-250.

For prices, I'm gonna say the SS will run ~30k, Z28 ~25k and the V6 will be ~20k.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TealV6:

Steve
          </font>[/QUOTE]I just don't see GM putting that much into the V6 version. The point of having a V6 version is to make it more affordable, and according to your other post, its going to have a cheaper interior. I still say the 400HP LS2 version is going to be an SS. Then the Z28 will be between 300-350HP and the V6 will be between 200-250.

For prices, I'm gonna say the SS will run ~30k, Z28 ~25k and the V6 will be ~20k.
          </font>[/QUOTE]Again.. I think your off target. Your using the past to predict the future. This one may not be taking that path.

Have patients....
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

it is fugly!!!!
            2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
              it looks like the new mustangs w/some first gen cus thrown in. Instead of a whole new design like they did w/the gto (which is geting beter) they did retro, which menas they (like ford) did't have any good new designs, and started peicemealing past yrs cars for teh whole "new-old" look. I bet it will be priced up there liek teh gto is (and they wonder why it's not selling as fast as they wish) and for those who say it brings back the mucle car (not just the look), well, define ?muscle car".

that's all.
              Define Muscle Car...

The new generation muscle car is the GTO (and somewhat Charger). It follows its roots as being a car that looked very similar to everything else on the road, was a large car, a big engine, lots of horsepower and room to easily fit four people, etc. etc... Just like the late 60's - 70's muscle.

The Mustang, Challenger, and a little less but still the Camaro are carbon copy old school muscle. They do look good, but its not original, at all. By 2009 people may be tired of the carbon copies. Who knows?

So you have new muscle, and the attempt to be just like old muscle, (Psuedo New Muscle?).

If Chevy plans on selling as many Camaro's as Ford does Mustangs, the price will have to be better then the GTO. The GTO is $33,000 because it was supposed to be limited production right from the start. Just under 12,000 Goats produced as opposed to 190,000 Mustangs. Will they price is close to the GT? Who knows. I see the price hovering right there with the goat though.
              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

They tacked on a hood scoop to the GTO to try to make a bland car look agressive. That didn't work IMO, but it doesn't matter since GM is redesigning the entire car anyway for the near future. I don't care about the price, they did everything right with the GTO EXCEPT looks.

As for the Camaro, how can you possibly say it looks like the Mustang? I don't see the resemblance. They have RWD/V8/Sport Coupe in common. That's it. A stripped down Z28 (or V8) version of the new Camaro will need to sell at 25k or below to get a good amount of buyers. I can see the price of a fully loaded SS matching the Goat.
                -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by $*Blake*$:
                  it is fugly!!!!
                  no it's not. it's awesome. the first time you see it in person, you'll probably think so too. for example, when i first saw the 2005 corvette design, i didn't really care for it, but when i saw it in person, the car looked so awesome. and now, the z06 looks even more awesome. having an LS2 is a plus.
                  1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6:
                    ON CNBC THEY WENT to the detroit auto show and showed the unvailing of the new Camaro....I was hoping that it would look sleek, maybe Ferrari like but no, but no....it has the front end
                    of a Chevy sedan, Impala or whatever they are calling their sedan now, the side of a 69 camaro...with wheels that look like their were taken from a "gangsta ride". What are these guys thinking?
                    Is it illegal in the US to design a car that is equal in looks to an expensive Italian or British sports car? The big bow tie is on the front of the new camaro so you can see it 50 feet away. I wish they would have bought a Ferrari and told the designers that the new car must look as good as this and if you cannot design
                    a new Camaro as sleek and nice as this, clear out your desk and your GM id badge.
                    I personally would have no taste for a Camaro that looked like a Ferrari... Thats just trying to be something it's not. It's a Pony / Sports / Muscle car, not an Exotic... That would look rice IMHO
                    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

sorry if this was posted...
                      just incase any of you missed a few shots of it.
                      http://imageevent.com/face440/camaro

all I can say is it's a start but...

*/me waits for the Firebird to return*

[ January 30, 2006, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: OneManArmy ]
                      1996 3.8 A4 Firebird<br /><a href=\"http://bohicagaming.com/forums/mydir/members/OneManArmy/sbird1.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Pic 1</a>|<a href=\"http://bohicagaming.com/forums/mydir/members/OneManArmy/sbird2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Pic 2</a>|<a href=\"http://bohicagaming.com/forums/mydir/members/OneManArmy/sbird3.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Pic 3</a><br /><br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster, Transgo shift kit/corvette servo.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

Steve

</font>[/QUOTE]I hate to disappoint you, but the days of a $20K car from GM are just about over. I went and priced a Grand Prix and was shocked. They wanted between $32 and 33K, and then offered me an '05 GTO for $30K flat! Why pay that much extra for a V6??
                        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Originally posted by memphis_raines:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

Steve

</font>[/QUOTE]I hate to disappoint you, but the days of a $20K car from GM are just about over. I went and priced a Grand Prix and was shocked. They wanted between $32 and 33K, and then offered me an '05 GTO for $30K flat! Why pay that much extra for a V6??
                          </font>[/QUOTE]The mustang V6 is going for about 20k, so GM better price it accordingly, or it will flop.

And what are you talking about, the Cobalt is under 20k and the SS goes for like 22k.

And you have to actually go to a dealership, the "build your own" stuff is always a lot more for what they're going for at a dealership.

Comment

lol, i just owned these guys:
                            http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/show...=147206&page=2
                            1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

http://www.ws6zxr.com/showthread.php?t=30018 heres some t/a concept pics, probably not offical, but who knows

Comment

I've been thinking (yes, it cain be a good thing), ad if this is pretty close to what the production model will end up looking like, and they do come out w/the convertable variant, it could be why the aftermarket *NEW* 68 convertable bodies were canx frombeing produced. WHy allow an aftermarket body when the brand new version is going to "instill the [same] thoughts of yesteryear"?
                                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X