2008 Camaro ( another flop for GM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Camaro ( another flop for GM)

ON CNBC THEY WENT to the detroit auto show and showed the unvailing of the new Camaro....I was hoping that it would look sleek, maybe Ferrari like but no, but no....it has the front end
    of a Chevy sedan, Impala or whatever they are calling their sedan now, the side of a 69 camaro...with wheels that look like their were taken from a "gangsta ride". What are these guys thinking?
    Is it illegal in the US to design a car that is equal in looks to an expensive Italian or British sports car? The big bow tie is on the front of the new camaro so you can see it 50 feet away. I wish they would have bought a Ferrari and told the designers that the new car must look as good as this and if you cannot design
    a new Camaro as sleek and nice as this, clear out your desk and your GM id badge.
    Phil

i think it looks awesome. GM hasn't flopped yet. they'll flop by not putting the new camaro into production. i don't know a lot about GM and everything that is going on and i don't know much about the economics of the business but GM just released something HUGE imho. they have camaro fans salivating and saving already for one. i think its a hit based on what i've seen and heard so far.

as for my personal opinion. i love the camaro. sure it has new aspects but don't most of the next gen cars? compare the 1st gen to the 2nd, and the 2nd to the 3rd, and so on. they do ahve slight similarities but they are overwhelmingly the same. its new, its modern, and it looks incredible. can't wait to get one.
    1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

Unfortunately, it looks like the "other" retro cars. I'll have to see this one in person to make a definate decision.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

They have done for the Camaro what they did for the
        all cars in the line........ugly, ungainly, maintaining all
        the design lines that customers have been rejecting for
        3 + years.....they stubbornly want to go against customer
        tastes...and force them to eat ugly.......I refuse and I will
        drive my 2000 Camaro to 200,000 miles if necessary.
        Phil

Comment

I completly agree, I honestly believe that I would buy the new challenger long before I bought the new camaro. Of all the great desgins and drawings that have been floating around the internet the last few years, and they came up with that, it is sad that they even attached the CAMARO name to it! I was actually going to save some money for the new camaro, but GM just changed my mind!

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
          SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Comment

No way is it a flop. Notice all muscle/pony cars are leaning towards retro look. The new Dodge Challenger is coming out the same way.

I just watched the news early this morning before leaving for work. The new Camaro look really nice. The interior is really nice. I'm not a big fan of retro and I would rather buy a 1968 Firebird/Camaro. But I give GM a lot of credit for a lot new car design that are coming out.

Besides, why would you bring up Ferrari anyway? GM is for the masses. Ferrari is for the privelege few.

Ever heard of a reliable Ferrari car. GM makes sportscar that are reliable and within people's reach.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Ok.. for those of you old enough to remember (god am I THAT old) but this is come full circle again.

Anyone remember the late 60's early 70's muscle cars and gas shortage.... it's history repeating itself... nuff said.
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

I like it, and alot of other people do too
                millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Personally i dont like it..
                  but i can see how some people would but
                  i think they could have done a better
                  job, i saw some drawings that were floating
                  around of it and i liked some of them..
                  the car doesnt look terrible but the concept
                  car has like 24inch rims or some sh*t...
                  when it comes into production itll probably
                  have 16's and will look weird
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6:
                    They have done for the Camaro what they did for the
                    all cars in the line........ugly, ungainly, maintaining all
                    the design lines that customers have been rejecting for
                    3 + years.....they stubbornly want to go against customer
                    tastes...and force them to eat ugly.......I refuse and I will
                    drive my 2000 Camaro to 200,000 miles if necessary.
                    What about Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Hyundai, Suzuki, Dodge etc... Are you going to tell me there sedans look better?
                    <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

They are bringing back the neon too!

Old school retro style!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6:
                        Ok.. for those of you old enough to remember (god am I THAT old) but this is come full circle again.

Anyone remember the late 60's early 70's muscle cars and gas shortage.... it's history repeating itself... nuff said.
                        Not that I'm old enough to remember it (what with not being alive then), but I have been saying the same thing for a few years now.

As for the camaro concept. It is just that... a concept. I'm sure the production vehicle will be significantly different.

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                          They are bringing back the neon too!

Old school retro style!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                          Yeah.. it's called the Caliber.. putz [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Nooooo, it is even SEXIER than the currently known neon!

GM is not worthy of a neon

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Jeez..... I crack myself up about neons.... I think I need help ;)
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I like it.

:cool:
                              <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/red69falcon/\" target=\"_blank\">1969 Falcon</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/81706526iUXWli\" target=\"_blank\">1972 Harley & Misc. Project Pics</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geoci

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X