No announcement yet.

2008 Camaro ( another flop for GM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, lets take a look at the different generation of fbodies.

First gen, all original.
    Second gen, takes some cues from the first gen
    3rd gen, takes som cues from the first and second gen
    You're beloved 4th gen, it was basically a 3rd gen with new body panels. The chasis was virtually identical.

What I find funny about all this, is that this is the only board where most of the members don't like it.

Fvck, even the people on the MUSTANG BOARD I frequent love how it looks. You know GM is doing something right when Ford boys are loving it.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
      Hey guys, lets take a look at the different generation of fbodies.

First gen, all original.
      Second gen, takes some cues from the first gen
      3rd gen, takes som cues from the first and second gen
      You're beloved 4th gen, it was basically a 3rd gen with new body panels. The chasis was virtually identical.

What I find funny about all this, is that this is the only board where most of the members don't like it.

Fvck, even the people on the MUSTANG BOARD I frequent love how it looks. You know GM is doing something right when Ford boys are loving it.
      They like it cause it looks like a mustang....lol.

As for the comment about baby boomers being the only ones that can afford it, that statement is simply not true. :cool:
      2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer95v6:
        Fugly.

**** retro.

If I wanted a car that looked 30 or 40 years old, I would buy a ****ing 30-40 year old car. The 4th gen was going in the right direction, and GM is now trying to be different like everyone else.

Very disappointed...while they are targeting nostagic baby boomers (no offence to them), they are missing those of us that like the sleek slippery styling of the mid-late 90s and the direction that styling was going.
        Well, that direction was what killed sales in the first place. They needed something new with this car, and this car has it. And those of you who liked the slippery sleek styling of the mid-late 90's probably didn't buy your car directly from the dealer anyway. This new concept is nice, I really like it alot. As for retro, I think the contours of the body resemble a late 60's Camaro, but in no way does it look like the retro went out of control. There are some ugly retro cars out there, including some from GM, and the new concept is definitely not one of them.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I'm 22 and love it. Alot of things will be changed on it for production.

Camaro, with LS2 + RWD + IRS makes me happy. A camaro that has lots of potential for handling [img]smile.gif[/img]
          1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
          Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

alright, i'm renouncing what i thought about the concept. i really like it. i hated it hated it HATED it, and then i went to the auto show and, damn, i think it looks really good.
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom:
              alright, i'm renouncing what i thought about the concept. i really like it. i hated it hated it HATED it, and then i went to the auto show and, damn, i think it looks really good.
              i have a feeling ill be hearing that again and again.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

GM cannot afford to make the Camaro look too good as they have the $60,000 Cadillac Sports model to sell, the one with the
                Corvette drive train. If the $25K Camaro looked better why would someone drop another $35K for the Cadillac?
                I am old enough to remember that Nissan produced the first 240Z for $3995 and they could not build enough. They figured it was good business to make a sports model that competed with those for $10K for only $4K. They were right.
                Phil

Comment

Ugly, looks like one of those goofy little plastic cars that Chevron Oil gave away a while back.
                  2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

how much hp do you guys think the v6 version of the new camaro will have? i'd guess about 260.
                    1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

I doubt 260, but i have no clue. What V6s does GM have out right now?
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

it's gonna be a freekin reskineed GTO people. And we all know how much love there is for those.

400hp 6sp RWD "I hate it, GM needs to bring back the comero"

The comero concept is brought back, with, suprisingly :rolleyes: , the same drivetrain and its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

The Firebird is dead people, get over it. The GTO is the new/old boy in town, and then there's going to be the forced induction Solstice to fill the sporting gap inbetween. Hell, you cain already get an LS2 Solstice for only $40k (est). The comero will be chebby's version/build mate to teh GTO and yes, both with still be castrated enough not to challnge the "holier than thou" corvette.

Do I liek the concept body style, no...it looks too much like the mustang, but then I won't be buying a new car anytime soon so my opinion doesn't count towards who/what they want.
                        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                        94 comero 3.4

Comment

I dont think it looks that retro, maybe on some things, but it looks more like a muscle car. I think it has sleek body lines and its not to gaudy. i would like to see the concept of the firebird though.

one thing, is that im not sure it will be reasonably priced
                          96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

I don't like the displacment on demand, I mean it would sound just down right weird cruising. Other than that looks good.
                            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer95v6:
                              Fugly.

**** retro.

If I wanted a car that looked 30 or 40 years old, I would buy a ****ing 30-40 year old car. The 4th gen was going in the right direction, and GM is now trying to be different like everyone else.

Very disappointed...while they are targeting nostagic baby boomers (no offence to them), they are missing those of us that like the sleek slippery styling of the mid-late 90s and the direction that styling was going.
                              I'm not a baby boomer and I like it. It really isn't that retro, it has some first-gen styling cues but everything else looks brand new.

3.4 slow to go: if you're only looking at the drivetrain then you're missing the point. The GTO isn't doing well because of its LOOKS, not its drivetrain. The new Camaro looks a lot more bold and doesn't resemble a Sunfire.
                              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

it looks like the new mustangs w/some first gen cus thrown in. Instead of a whole new design like they did w/the gto (which is geting beter) they did retro, which menas they (like ford) did't have any good new designs, and started peicemealing past yrs cars for teh whole "new-old" look. I bet it will be priced up there liek teh gto is (and they wonder why it's not selling as fast as they wish) and for those who say it brings back the mucle car (not just the look), well, define ?muscle car".

that's all.
                                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X