No announcement yet.

TPI SLP CAI, Will it work for a V6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all that customizing, what did they charge to install them?

Comment

I did it myself. Just had a Y-pipe made cause the one it came with didn't work and that cost $100.
      91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

get the coated headers & pipe, that should allow the cat to heat up enough
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Yeah but if it requires bending/cutting/relocating stuff than screw that.

Comment

that's the first time I've heard of a fitment issue w/the pass side. I know the first batch of headers wouldn't clear the bigger oil filter, but that has been fixed.

Also, those who have the headers on the 2.8 haven't said anything on pass side issues.

any pics of the fitment issue for refrence? it might help out Pace Setter if they're persuing nazi carb cert. for the 3.1 engines
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Would the car pass the sniffer test with 2.8 headers on the 3.1? I'm in NY and I dont think I have to worry too much about visual, I do have a cat too so..

Comment

the ceramic coating will keep the cat hot enough to pass the sniffer, plus keep the engine bay cooler too
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I never got any pics while the headers were on, sorry. Since my last smog I've never put them back on, though they sounded good they really didn't offer me any performance so I left them off.
                  91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

Originally posted by North Cali Autocrosser:
                    they really didn't offer me any performance so I left them off.
                    They didnt increase power? Not even a little bit, I thought the exhaust manifolds/y-pipe on these cars were extremely restrictive..?

Comment

They offer a little but being that they are such a pain to get in and out it wasn't worth the effort to put them back in after I smog it. If it gave me a real noticeable difference, number wise or by feel, then I would have put them back on.

Comment

Originally posted by North Cali Autocrosser:
                        They offer a little but being that they are such a pain to get in and out it wasn't worth the effort to put them back in after I smog it. If it gave me a real noticeable difference, number wise or by feel, then I would have put them back on.
                        Wow... The guys in the V6 Forum of Thirdgen.org would go nuts in they read this! Everybody was so anticipating the release of the headers, I guess I can scratch those off my lost of mods. Is the stock exhaust restrictive in any way? Or does it suit the motor well being it only produces 140 HP..Another Question, where did you get the Supercharger for your 3.1 and can you perhaps provide me with some info.
                        Thanks

Comment

The lack of horsepower that the 3.1 puts out and the amount of weight it has to push make things like headers insignificant. I think you're right about the stock headers being suitable for the motor, some will argue this. Even with the power adders like nitrous the car didn't care whether it had the headers or not, she ran the same. With all the effort put into these I was extremely disappointed when I didn't gain anything from them. Now, if you add things like nitrous or a supercharger you will not be disappointed, so much fun. When I first got the nitrous on the car I couldn't refill the bottle fast enough, I was hitting it everywhere. The supercharger is out of an MR2, the great thing about it is that it has a clutch just like the A/C compressor. So you can turn it on or off, it's like having a bottle of nitrous that never runs out and it sounds real cool. You will have to do all the frabrication for the supercharger though, since there is no kit but it's worth it.

Comment

if you just do one mod, of course you're going to be dissapointed. Headers should be a component of a list of mods to get a desired result.
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I've done quite a bit of different things to this car and headers just didn't help. Whether on the track, on the G-tech or around town there was no difference. All I'm saying is if you want to spend a few hundred dollars on your car maybe you should spend it on something else, but it's your car do what you got to do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X