Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo time....

It looks good, but I feel that the 2 hot pipes that connects to the manifold and joins into that single pipe should curve in - to that single pipe so there's less disturbance to the hot air flow. Less disturbance means less back pressure. Less back pressure means more HP and less heat.

IDK that's my take. You definately have skills in welding though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      It looks good, but I feel that the 2 hot pipes that connects to the manifold and joins into that single pipe should curve in - to that single pipe so there's less disturbance to the hot air flow. Less disturbance means less back pressure. Less back pressure means more HP and less heat.

IDK that's my take. You definately have skills in welding though.
      Yea i was thinking the same thing, Its sorta too late. But at least I tried to make it join in the middle of the ypipe. When i do this again im definitly making turbo headers...:mad:

Comment

More pics. down pipe, but not welded yet. and that pipe on the turbos charge side is just there so i could see if i had room for the charge pipe when i get the pipe for that rounded up.

Comment

More pics...

Heres where there is a charge pipe on the turbo, but thats not what im going to use, its just there for future clearence

Comment

It's not too late. Just go to the junkyard and see if you can find a Y pipe from a 4th gen. That should do it, I think.

Since you've gotten this far you might as well go another mile.

Comment

looks great, love budget builds, thats how mine are haha.

cheap wideband, ill be running this and my friend ran it in his srt 4 for a year:
              http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tinte...uel-Gauge.aspx

Comment

that exhaust is going to scrape like mad.... i know its a budget build. but oval pipes would help..... still think it would scrape though.

Comment

Its only 2 1/2 inches lower then stock in those areas, only under the tranny pan. Yes the clearence will be touchy, by no its not gonna scrape unless i really drive on some rought ground/driveways. It is no lower then the plasic air dam in the front of the car, which i never scrape! I dont beat on this car except in straight lines!:D Its my baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                    looks great, love budget builds, thats how mine are haha.

cheap wideband, ill be running this and my friend ran it in his srt 4 for a year:
                    http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tinte...uel-Gauge.aspx

Easy plug and play?? Thanks for the link, as this is going to be the most exspencive item, else then all the tuning (chip burning/datalogg)equiptment that i had prior to this...

Comment

on my camaro. (4thgen)i smashed 2.5" pipe and its in the crease between the lower control arm and k member. and it still scraped pretty bad until i get new tires. granted i'm lowered 1.5 inches... doesn't your car have some oval tubing on it anyways where the exhaust goes on the passenger side? if you have good suspension you might be alright. but on my buddys 3rd gen, i know it wouldn't cut it. he put a dent in his oil pan and has to go really slow over dips and stuff. just trying to look out. there's nothing like doing it only to hafta redo it.

Comment

Good luck not killing that trans with heat.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                          on my camaro. (4thgen)i smashed 2.5" pipe and its in the crease between the lower control arm and k member. and it still scraped pretty bad until i get new tires. granted i'm lowered 1.5 inches... doesn't your car have some oval tubing on it anyways where the exhaust goes on the passenger side? if you have good suspension you might be alright. but on my buddys 3rd gen, i know it wouldn't cut it. he put a dent in his oil pan and has to go really slow over dips and stuff. just trying to look out. there's nothing like doing it only to hafta redo it.
                          Na theres no oval exhaust on the car. I know its not the best set up by far:mad:, but it had pretty good clearence still. 6 inches from the ground. Stock lift on it.

Actually i already redid the piping from the y pipe to the turbo.. that suxed having to do that. A buddy did this stuff on his thirdgen V6 and didnt have problems, just have to watch out for speed bump!! He told me that that is what will kill that exhaust no matter what.. Thanks for the tip though bro! I was hoping to have the oil lines right by this weekend, and the exhasut piping so that i can drive the car arround and see the clearene/drivability before i actually start the charging pipe and innercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                            Good luck not killing that trans with heat.

External trans cooler!:D

Comment

what sucks is u can buy forward facing header for a sbc for the thirds gens real cheap on ebay... like 150 or so... i wish i could have bought some for my car.

Comment

I dont get it I got a V6. I dont wana buy a SBC V8 header. And then have to mod that. Exspecially for 150 bucks......

I know ppl that make the headers for turboed thirdgens but there about 500 bucks for both headers, and the crossover pipe.. Yea thats too much for me, I doubt Ill have that much $ in this whole build. I know its not gonna be a 400Hp build by a LONG shot, but 225Hp sounds nice to me, if im lucky!
                                Last edited by fasteddi; 01-25-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X