Started porting upper.middle.lower intake - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started porting upper.middle.lower intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Started porting upper.middle.lower intake

could possibly be an exhaust leak at the manifold.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yea that could be to.

Comment

If by white you mean whitish-colored deposits on the valve, I wouldn't worry about it if the car was running fine. When I took the heads off my old car ages ago there were white deposits. Same as with the light-colored deposits that always appear on the spark plug electrodes. I think it's just normal combustion deposits.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

ahh ok thanks for the info!

Comment

Heres is where i am on the heads.. i think there getting close. Ivespent a good 30 or so hours on the heads so far.

Attached Files

Comment

Figured id throw some pic up here of the engine as of now since i took the water pump off, harmonic balancer, and timing cover off. Hope i get that cam from Delta cams before the weekend so i can button the engine back up since ive finished the porting of the heads, intakes, and smoothed out(knifed) the trottle body.

Cant wait to take off the timing chain...exc and throw that 260 grind cam in there. Time to freshing up this motor. And a cam is the best place to start.

Comment

Heres a few more pics of what ive been doing. Im waiting for the delta cam to install. I hope its here by monday. Then on tuesday ill be putting the whole thing back together and then break the cam in. Its been alot more work then i though for porting everything and putting a new cam in but hell its fun and mabey ill get a few more Hp out of the motor.

Heres the old cam....

Heres the cam bearings.. i think they should be fine untill I have the cash for a true rebuild in a year or two.. There smooth as can be but just a little copper color on the front one.

Comment

It doesnt look like that front cam bearing is lined up with the oil hole very well. It would be worth taking a close look at all of them and consider having new bearings pressed in.

Comment

There rarely lined up right from the factory.
                    But ill measure it for spec. to see if its ok for the time being.. another 5 or 10 k miles
                    Never had a issue with oil ###

Comment

Pretty lil thing. I got the motor almost ready to go. I just have to figure out a good way to fix the coolent pipe that goes into the lower intake manifold. It leaks like crazy. So i hope to fix that and break the cam in tommorow!!

Comment

my coolant pipe had broke and was leaking like crazy also....soo i took the old pipe out and soldered in some copper pipe..never had a problem since...just a thought

Comment

Ok i think ill look at it some more and if i dont think of anything ill try th soldering approach. I just really wana stop the leak long enough to break the cam in. Because want to do a few other things to the motor over the winter that require some disassembly but just things like air pump removal, a/c delete box. Stuff like that to clean up the engine bay.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Comment

well i fixed the leak got a new fitting at napa, got the car started broke the cam in for about 20 minuets, set the base timing to 14*(no spark knock), reset the ECU after the timing set, let it idle for 10 minuets, then chainged the oil out(oil looked great) then took it down the road.

The car definitly runs better at higher RPMs, much more smoother in the top of the power range, and has a badd a** lope at idle. I love it!!!

Comment

Excellent....go0od work!

Comment

Nice. You should take a vid of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X