First pass with turbo set up 3.1L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First pass with turbo set up 3.1L

Can you still run a turbo such as mine with the forward facing headers? Is there just a divider in the turbo flang itself on the headers?

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
      Can you still run a turbo such as mine with the forward facing headers? Is there just a divider in the turbo flang itself on the headers?
      the merge pipes come upto a divided turbo flange so each bank goes to one half. u can run an open( undivided turbine like u have now) or u can run a turbo with the dividing housing on that setup

Comment

Ahh I see, well thats if I dont get a dif turbo come winter, which I plan to get a new one. Better one.

Im in the process of finishing up the car at the moment. Car is louder with the log headers by far. sounds different, but have a slight leak at the coupler on the pass side header to x over. Need to fix that, cut off the old exhaust on the rear of the car, then hope to drive it tonight or tommorow. Will take vid and pics later if all goes well.

Comment

well if ur start looking into turbos a 60-1 will put that thing mid to low 12's at 9 psi
          a hybrid 66 should go high 11's at the same boost tradeoff will be some lag on the 66 though

Comment

How bad would the lag be? you had a 60-1 on yours when you were hitting 12's right?

Comment

yeah low 12;s on the 60-1 i ran a t3 stage 3 wheel with a .84 housing had no lag but my converter also stalled to almost 4,500 rpms.

heres the 60-1 at low boost this was before i had the converter restalled from 3k to 4,500
              http://www.streetfire.net/video/just...und_162499.htm

Comment

Was that Rob behind you?

Comment

yeah, thta video started out as me and my ex heading to the track to meet rob and go race, but they cancelled the race day due to threat of rain. bumped the boost a lil before we left and us and rob had a lil fun on the way home.

the shot at the light when we flew up on the truck he stuck with us, the last shot we didnt know he wa son the cell with his wife so we took off and he just sat at the green light lol.

his ls1 car had a cam and i belive a converter, at that time my car and his car were dead even my car only had a very rough tune in it at the time

Comment

Was a good vid dave. for sure.

I got bored and tossed this one together last night. No new vids yet.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTBAAXhhbko

Comment

Update. The headers are finally on the car right. I was at the track all weekend but it rained out which was a bummer.

This is a video of today when I made a pass/datalog out on the street.

Non boosted start 0-100% TPS start. 13-14psi the whole log on wastegate spring only. The car spools up much faster now. With slicks on it and the current set up I dont see why I cant make a 12 second pass. If I cant then I will turn the boost back up to 16-17psi with the controler and see if that reaches my goal. May head to the track on wednesday just for a time trial or 2 if I get off of work on time. The main goal is just to hit a 12 second pass this year. All else considered that is so impressive out of a homemade set up and a Iron headded 3.1L 660 in my mind.

Enjoy the vid.

FYI
                      0-60 in 5.08 seconds
                      0-100 in 11.77 seconds
                      0-115 in 15.7 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lRxCeMHT4

Comment

Awesome!!! Good luck on the track.

Did you finally figure out that leaking or hissing sound on your block when you removed the heads?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                          Awesome!!! Good luck on the track.

Did you finally figure out that leaking or hissing sound on your block when you removed the heads?
                          tht hissing sound was just normal noise. it was form the engine going threw the compression and ex strokes while he was turning the engine over with a racthet

Comment

So that discoloration on the exhaust valve is also normal?

Comment

no the ex valves got a lil hot from the excessive backpresure from the underkstyle setup, ex valves always turn color a lil bit but not that bad

btw he did hit the track last night he went 13.37 and 13.40 on the wastegate spring only so less boost then before but he gained an additional 5-6 mph on the top end of the track . 106/107mph in the 2 runs versus 101/102 at his previuos 13.36

his car is deff capable of running low 12's with some more tunning and him learning how to properly launch the car

Comment

That's good info. Thanks.

Way to go fasteddi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X