First pass with turbo set up 3.1L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First pass with turbo set up 3.1L

What rear end do you have in the car is it a posi or a one wheel wonder?
    Any suspension mods done to the rear? One of my biggest problems with my auto trans, turbo 3.4 was it would shift too late and soft. You want a firm shift at a lower rpm with this motor that's where all the torque is. The 2800 torque converter is a good stall for your set up. What rpm are you launching at?

Comment

I have 3.23 rear, one wheel wounder.LOL. I was launching at 2400 rpms as the highest yesterday and got a good launch. Im slowly launching higher and higher seeing what those slicks can handle with the open diff. I finally have the burn out and the tire pressure down pat to make some decent launches. 2.10 60 ft times and Im sure they keep going down as I launch higher and higher with some boost at the line.

Ive got lakewood shocks on back but thats about all the suspension stuff I have on the car... I know it needs some mods but ive been trying my best to slowly add needed parts when I can afford them.

The car does shift nice and firm. Its shifting at 5800-5900 rpms, then drops to about 4100 rpms which is a good place for it to be at. Keep in mind that my heads are fully ported and had a nice lil cam in there. So it actually goes alot faster shifting higher and keeping the RPM's up. But im just letting the car shift when it wants to.

Comment

As you know your 60 foot times are the most important for a good et.
        A posi rear out of a v8 and some lower control arms made a huge difference in my car. I hear ya about the funds though. It took me years to get the car where it is today. Now I'm working on my 3500/turbo swap which should be done soon. Good luck with your quest for 13's you should be there soon.

Comment

I was playing arround and jacked the boost to 15psi for a timed run VIA the laptop on the road............. 12.54 seconds 0-100mph and wow was it fast. Great AFR, no KR...amazing! The bad thing? I can do that again till I get either larger injectors or a AFPR as I was making those injectors go static at the end of the run. But wow. That was on a flat road, and just a soft launch to not light the tires up. Also the 0-104mph was 13.57 with a weak launch.

WOW is all I can say. Too bad I have to turn it back down to 12psi at the track for now...

Also I boost checked the system and found a good size leak. I patched that was definitly a issue I should have taken care of along time ago. I couldnt hold 15psi when tested. The pressure would be completly gone in 1-2 minutes...lol
          Last edited by fasteddi; 04-29-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

After a little work in the morning, off to the track and I hope its not raining so I can make some passes with added psi and my wastegate working right.

Have to race on street tires tommorow, this should be interesting..lol

Comment

Had some issues last night with a ex leak before the turbo so the boost wasent right. Theres always another day

Heres a pic from the spring opener 2 weeks ago. Pretty lil thing

Comment

In the datalogg when I over boosted to 13.5psi and higher the injectors maxed for a quick second and made the car stinkin rich, i literly felt it slow down just before the 1/8 mile. 11.3 -11.6 afr's the rest of the way to the traps. That needs tuned this week!! Id would have liked to see what the car would have ran with 12.0-12.3 afrs the whole way down the track and a solid 12.5psi? I definitly picked up the best 60 and 330ft times Ive ever ran last night. Those slick really hook now. And I know I can push the launch just a tad more.

My perm car number on the weekeds is car # 191. Anyone guess why i picked that number??

I wasent trying to sand bag here, but my car went a 14.32 the time trial before as it was very hot out and it was even more rich. As you can see I went 14.11..opps but I redlighted. But I was always tough you have brakes not nitrous so why dial a number lower then your last run...

And the other car on this was a 95 cobra mustang that I beat on times. Its nice beating up on a V8 stang!!!

Comment

Fun times at the race track!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEhjK-E3Hw

Comment

No 13's yet but consistanly making 14.10-14.20 passes in the heat of the day.

Heres a pic of the boosted launch the other day. 2.02 60Ft time is pretty good I think for 20 year old stock suspention. (minus somewhat newer rear shocks)

Heres a short video from last weekend at the track. 2.06 60ft time 14.11 time to go with it. Not bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5veQgHnj1Y

I got in one round last night and gave the second round away at the finish line as I cought the guy by the 1000ft area and let him win. I had a +.031 RT to his +.082 Rt. I still need to learn how to finish the race when I have to catch slow cars. He was in a 17.5 sec car, so I played catch up. Im so use to being the 17 second car.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
                      My perm car number on the weekeds is car # 191. Anyone guess why i picked that number??
                      Easy 3.1 liters of fury

No 13's yet but consistanly making 14.10-14.20 passes in the heat of the day.

Heres a pic of the boosted launch the other day. 2.02 60Ft time is pretty good I think for 20 year old stock suspention. (minus somewhat newer rear shocks)
                      You should be able to get a 13.9x with your speed, but you have to keep working on the 60'. Are you trying anything different each time you go?

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
                        Easy 3.1 liters of fury

:tup:

Yea I try some different methods at the track, I really think that my tuning and my suspention is holding me back from those sub 2 second 60ft times/13 sec 1/4 mile times. I cant race for about 2 weeks so Ill have time to dial in my tune better.

Comment

check this pic out!! Thats how you launch with boost!! Wrinkled the slicks nicely!!

16.5psi in those slick and there ET Street slicks. You can actually see the smile on my face....lol.

Last edited by fasteddi; 05-14-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

You could try dropping the psi in them a bit more yet. Maybe 13 or so psi.

Comment

I dont see why Id want them at a lower Psi. I hook right every time at that 16.5psi. And I sure dont want those things to start wobbling at 90+mph. Because Ive ran say...14psi when I first got them and kept adding Psi a 1/2 lbs at a time till the wobble stoped and I kept hooking up. Actually im told that I really want them to squeek just a tad to get better et's.

The first time I ran lower Psi from 80-99mph I was scared to death because of the wobble, so ever since then Id rather have higher Psi in them.

Comment

I dont see why Id want them at a lower Psi. I hook right every time at that 16.5psi. And I sure dont want those things to start wobbling at 90+mph. Because Ive ran say...14psi when I first got them and kept adding Psi a 1/2 lbs at a time till the wobble stoped and I kept hooking up. Actually im told that I really want them to squeek just a tad to get better et's.

The first time I ran lower Psi from 80-99mph I was scared to death because of the wobble, so ever since then Id rather have higher Psi in them.
                                Ah ok, just wondering how much you have played with the pressures. In my step sisters Lt1 we run 15 psi and it has been getting a 1.89 60' and my friend's saleen has been running 14psi and, before he blew his rear up, was getting 1.80 60' times. Both cars running Et streets.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X