Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headed out Friday night...

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    How come you didn't take out all them weights? Glad to hear you had fun.
    I got off work at 4.. ran home and then hauled *** to the track. Didn't know anyone so I didn't even have a pit. Next time I hope to lose 500ish lbs and some DOT slicks.

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
    not bad. Get that 60' down a little and you could break 15s maybe
    I could break 15 with weight, tires and possibly gears. I've even got 3.42's in my garage, I just don't know how to put 'em in.

Comment

That DA mustve really been killing you, and the extra weight. The first time I went to the track ever over the summer I was running 15.9 all night on 3.08s and open diff. Im at 15.7 last time I ran, Ive got 3.73s and have to stall alot lower in order not to spin too much. If I get lsd and good tires i'll be running low 15's.

Comment

Originally posted by LastCallKillIt View Post
        That DA mustve really been killing you, and the extra weight. The first time I went to the track ever over the summer I was running 15.9 all night on 3.08s and open diff. Im at 15.7 last time I ran, Ive got 3.73s and have to stall alot lower in order not to spin too much. If I get lsd and good tires i'll be running low 15's.
        Yeah, I ran a DA calc, and if I would have been at sea level, it would have been 15.05 @ 97 all night. Hopefully by the time I run next year I'll have 3,42's, cam, slicks, and a short shifter.

Comment

Alright going at it again this Friday! Planning ahead, and removing seats, interior panels, and sound system this time. Got my short throw, full exhaust, and an intake since last year; Leta hope for some 15's! Wish me luck, I'll post slips when I get home.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Good luck man.

Comment

Looks like this will also be the last time I take the Camaro to the track for a while... picking up the Fiero Sunday! :D

Comment

Mike your car is gonna need tons of work to run 15's in CO ALT. Mine ran 17.6 on a 120 degree day in Pueblo. Most V6'er run no better than a 16.7 AT BEST STOCK and the car I ran was a subaru wagon and was pulling 15's on basic bolt ons. There was also a Mustang I ran and he had a S/C and such and barley pulled a high 13 second pass. The Evo I raced had all kinds of little up grades and pulled 12's. I beat him cause he left to early :D

Now here in LA I'm sure it will be different when I run it with the new exhaust and intake. It will be enough to beat out all the Ricers in Riverside. I'm screwed when the exotics and muscle cars wanna play.

Your better off keepin the maro as a daily and building the L67 Fiero as a sleeper.

Comment

Well I ran a low 16 last year with absolutely zero mods...? I think I can pick up a little bit. But yeah, the fiero will be my fast car now.

Comment

Went from a 16.43@85.75 with 9k DA last season, to 16.25@86.87 with almost 11k DA tonight. As a comparison, there was an 01 Camaro SS and an 02 WS6 that both ran between 14.8-15.1 the entire night. I think I did pretty good. R/t was as low as .045 and never more than .3. 60' sat right around 2.4 all night.

Comment

I'm a bit ahead... but the track I go to open up end of May, 24th. So I'm heading down to see what I can do... last post tells it. Last years best was 16.25@87. Since then, I've done a few minor things, and 4.10s, and some tires that might try to hook better. I was stuck launching at 1500 rpm last year, on 3.23s. If these don't, I don't know how I'll hook 4.10s... Hopefully by then I'll have HPT and a tune. I'm confident I can break into 15s. Any guesses guys? DA down there is always ridiculous... and the track's at 6000'.

Comment

Good luck, should be quicker with the 4.10's.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So how did you do?
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Track opens the 24th man. It is literally a blizzard right now...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X