• Show
Clear All

Re: Headed out Friday night...

i think my asr is kinda suppose to work like an lsd tho? im not quite sure

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      X2 3.73's LSD, its a nice improvement.
      Daily driven, 25 miles each way to work and school, I'll keep my 3.23's, er 3.08's whatever I have

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
        Daily driven, 25 miles each way to work and school, I'll keep my 3.23's, er 3.08's whatever I have
        Lower gears won't effect your gas mileage much , aslong as you keep yiour right foot from going down all the time.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by insidethreat07 View Post
          i think my asr is kinda suppose to work like an lsd tho? im not quite sure
          ASR aka "traction control" simply cuts engine power to stop tire spin. It is in no way a LSD. ASR is entirely electronic.
          Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
          Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
          Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
          Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
          Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

o i got ya

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Lower gears won't effect your gas mileage much , aslong as you keep yiour right foot from going down all the time.
              But who does that?

Comment

Not to many , good luck.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Gawd. That was a blast. I got there around 5:15, tech'd in and FFS my battery was loose. No biggie, got passed any ways. Started talking to a guy, realized the Time Only class was about 3 times bigger than any others, so I ran Trophy Street. Little did I know these 'street' cars were full blown strip cars on DOT approved slicks, and here I roll in on my Sumitomo's, I look around, WTF?! Glad I came in on my own wheels, not a trailer, like EVERY ONE ELSE...

First run comes around, just timing runs at this point, I'm nervous as hell. So i get paired with a guy with one beast S10, I end up getting a 16.506 @ 85.32 my first time ever down a track. .296 RT and 2.429 60'. Not too bad. I'm not in any sort of bad shape.
                  Next run, I get paired with a Falcon that is shaking the ground. Awesome. He runs 12.91 @ 101, while I get a 16.517 @ 85.07, .106 Rt, 2.404 60'.
                  Last practice run, I don't even remember what car it was. He ran 11.835 @ 115. I run my best of the night, 16.430 @ 85.75. .079 RT, 2.397 60'.
                  Staging come around, and I get a girl in a pink 78ish Camaro. I dial 16.41 to give myself some room in case I do better, She dials 12.18. She runs a 12.905, and I get a 17.240.... missed 2nd gear. So I'm out of the bracket...
                  I move over to time only's, and by this time it's 10pm. First TO run was against a 97 Z28, built on a 75 shot, he ran 13.654, which I thought was slow. I ran a 16.472 @85.03, .488 Rt, 2.123 60'.
                  It stayed pretty consistent between 16.46-16.61, And I was trying all different launches.
                  Last ones, 16.590 @ 85.74, .116, 2.644 60'. That one was the closest, against a 5.0 Mustang on slicks, lost by .317.
                  Next one, another 5.0 Fox he red lighted, so I took it easy, ran 17.168 @ 84.43, .054 RT 2.560 60'.
                  Some boosted sleep Nissan.. he ran 13.31 @ 116. I ran 16.631 @ 85.58, .160, 2.585 60'. We were nose to nose... until he spooled. I was back .02 at 60', and 1 sec by 330, 2.7 sec by 1000. That fool took off...
                  Last run was a really sexy Chevelle, he ran 10.924 @ 125. I go 16.607 @ 85.44, .127, 2.528. And that was 11:22 pm.

Keep in mind, i have never ran before, EVER. And DA tonight was over 6600, and I was a dumb and kept 180lbs in tools, 75lbs in college books, and 180-200lbs in sound system in the car. Not to mention that I was going to pull my spare seats to try and drop weight.
                  Overall, I'm happy as hell with tonight. No, I wasn't fast or win any really, but it was fun and in the end I had one of the only true street cars there. And according to the semi-drunk guy trying to give me advice, I was still spinning when I launched. I was for sure the fastest V6. There was a few other, and they didn't get under 18. There was a turbo LT1 that ran 9.90's all night, few dragsters, one ran a 7.62 @ 173, and now I know my car can easily run 15's with very little work.

Comment

nice... Now imagine running 191MPH

Comment

That DA sucked, but at least you got some runs in.

Comment

thats cool you got some good runs in and i see your reaction times got better and better...try to get in the .0--'s reactions and youll have control of the race exspecially when the person you race fell asleep at the tree.

Comment

Sounds like you had a good time.

Comment

It was a good time. And the DA was low for Colorado. I'm thinking if I get some sticky tires and lose some weight I couldn't run 15's.

Comment

How come you didn't take out all them weights? Glad to hear you had fun.

Comment

not bad. Get that 60' down a little and you could break 15s maybe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X