Headed out Friday night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed out Friday night...

I have never actually ran down a drag. Ever. And I am with a few friends this Friday. Tips, pointers, do's and don't's?

Car is a intake/exhaust 2000, M-5. Running street tires, stock gears and all that. I'm expecting low 16's... But the track is at 4900 ft, which is low seeing as my house is at 6975. Really just anything to look out for, and not do...

As for my friend, I know I will smash him... he's running a late 80's Mustang, 4cyl. And he ran a 20.2 last week.

Re: Headed out Friday night...

Don't do a burnout, don't worry about reaction time, work on your 60' time throughout the night. Other than those have fun.

Comment

Senseable... any idea where I should launch from? RPM wise..

Comment

When you go through the burn out box dont get the tires too wet.. try to avoid the water as much as possible. Is your car stick? If so then i dont know about the launch with that. I have a auto V6 camaro with a few mods. and it runs 16.8 and .9 but its a 3.1L 91 So im know that your car will be quicker even at the high elevation. If you have stick though you reations should be ok. If you get some time trials try to literly (red light) push the car and see how you car launches. When you stage, now i think this is important!, Once you pre-stage, barly turn on the stage light. Just inch in the beams till the stage light flickers on. This will 1. make you car have faster et's and 2. gives you more room to NOT redlight. In Et. racing, reactions win the race period! The more seat time you get the better you lights will be. Just my opinion though.
        On the Rpm launch I would think that 1800 or so would be enough though....

Comment

For your first time out, don't worry about getting your best time. Just go out there and have fun. Try out different things to see what your car likes and what you like.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

That's gunna be hard.. I'm competitive :P But I'll just do what I can. Stay outta the water and see what happens..

Comment

What times did you get?
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                What times did you get?
                .... It's not Friday yet bud.

Comment

have fun out there... its great to see another V6 camaro out there racing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                    .... It's not Friday yet bud.
                    My mistake , so wheres your time slips at? LOL
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      My mistake , so wheres your time slips at? LOL
                      I ate 'em. They looked at me wrong.

Comment

Good luck on Fri.

Comment

Have fun. for me to cut good lights i rev the rpms to 1800-2k and as soon as i see the LAST yellow light bulb i mash it, i average around a .030-.040 light. best ever was an .006. So I hope that helps out a little bit

Comment

Thats some good info, for when I go to the track..

Comment

yea i just powerbrake it and give her hell and hope i dont red light lol. Or you could go to a test and tune and see what works best for you and your ride. or you could always stage deep and go on the green bulb. Its just easier for me to pre stage, then barely creep up to get your car staged. then get on the brakes and gas, the less the stage your car the beeter chance you have to cut a good light and not go red. I hope that all made sense lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X