simple weight reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: simple weight reduction

True my 17" X 9" Chrome ZR1's are 51 LBS with 275/40/17 BFG's , My front Prostars are 30LBS with 215/65/15 tires, So thats 42LBs just right there off the front. The rears I didn't go with any super light weight rims just 17'' X 9" SS rims with 275/40/17 M.T. drag radials so its like 5-10lbs lighter than the ZR1's, but didn't want to take too much off the rear, plus wanted to keep the height of the tires at around 26"s in diameter. So there is always ways of taking off or buying lighter weight parts to add on. For example a vfn Camaro body shell weighs approx. 135LBS , then add all light weight parts and lexan windows and leave gutted, it would weigh like 1500-2000LBS or so, but thats all out drag car. But would be pretty outstanding to drive weighing that much, with 300 HP. I guess I can dream. LOL
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so i dont want to sound like a tool. BUT i just replaced my stock ds today with an aluminum three rivers one. i dont want to say i felt a difference because i was expecting it, but i really feel like i felt something. just punching it seems a little more responsive. is it me thinking more of this up, or did it actually make a difference? next week i will be swapping my 3.23 open to the 3.42 posi out of my parts car. that with the ds should make an ok difference. right?
      Last edited by kdm212; 03-16-2010, 09:54 PM. Reason: edited

Comment

when i put my aluminum ds in i noticed it reved a little faster. And yes that with a 3.42 lsd will make a noticeable difference. You should upgrade the lcs's and phb to help with the pick up. All of the tubular ones are also lighter than stock.

Comment

I noticed alittle when I had my M5 and they put in a ALM. DS and 3.42 with a LSD from open 3.23's. I had my Powerdyne on at the time too.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so its not just me thinking i got a little back...it did give me a little something! cool! the 3.42 should really make a noticeable difference though right?
            Last edited by kdm212; 03-17-2010, 07:27 AM. Reason: king of edits

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
              so its not just me thinking i got a little back...it did give me a little something! cool! the 3.42 should really make a noticeable difference though right?
              exactly ^ you'll feel some definite gains with the d/s, posi, and new gears. but it would be even better with a set of 3.73's ;)
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
                to terribly, but yes you will notice a little pickup

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                  exactly ^ you'll feel some definite gains with the d/s, posi, and new gears. but it would be even better with a set of 3.73's ;)
                  X2 you would be alot cooler with 3.73's. LOL but 3.42's are fine if you already have them to go in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X