Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to hit the 14's

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
    I'm actually planning on running a stall on my car with stock motor and bolt-ons. Problem right now is trying to decide between 3200 and 3500, along with which tires to make it stick. :burn:
    if your caught between those...I say 3500...I payed more for the custom stall to 3200...but I wish I had 4000 now, I would of payed less to...but make your decision based on the other work you are doing to the car...main thing is you want the stall to be matched with your power adders...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      if your caught between those...I say 3500...I payed more for the custom stall to 3200...but I wish I had 4000 now, I would of payed less to...but make your decision based on the other work you are doing to the car...main thing is you want the stall to be matched with your power adders...
      Well, I'm hoping to ditch this borked rear end and upgrade to some 3.73s. Other than that, the car's going to keep a stock NA motor til something bigger goes in, but that won't be for a while. I'm hoping to find a local dyno so I can get a good graph to match a stall to, but am otherwise thinking about the 3500 (unless someone advises otherwise).
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Well, I'm hoping to ditch this borked rear end and upgrade to some 3.73s. Other than that, the car's going to keep a stock NA motor til something bigger goes in, but that won't be for a while. I'm hoping to find a local dyno so I can get a good graph to match a stall to, but am otherwise thinking about the 3500 (unless someone advises otherwise).

I have the Dacco part # B24 HBCD in my car. Its a stock rebuilt converter but stalls at 3200. The best part is it's $89 at most transmission parts suppliers. The stock replacement Dacco part # is B24 HLHD. The difference in the part numbers are the stall code. On a regular radial tire you can smoke them at will. My best 60' has been a 1.87 on a 275 drag radial with 3.73's. The RPM doesn't drop below 4200 even with the shifts moved down to 5300 from the much higher stock shift points. That converter is comes stock in 4cyl 4x4 s-10 trucks.
        sigpic

Comment

The break down for the suffix in the Dacco part numbers.
          Last edited by bigbrian442; 01-26-2012, 07:24 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
            I have the Dacco part # B24 HBCD in my car. Its a stock rebuilt converter but stalls at 3200. The best part is it's $89 at most transmission parts suppliers. The stock replacement Dacco part # is B24 HLHD. The difference in the part numbers are the stall code. On a regular radial tire you can smoke them at will. My best 60' has been a 1.87 on a 275 drag radial with 3.73's. The RPM doesn't drop below 4200 even with the shifts moved down to 5300 from the much higher stock shift points. That converter is comes stock in 4cyl 4x4 s-10 trucks.
            The break down for the suffix in the Dacco part numbers.
            Awesome info. I'd heard about people using the S-10 converters, but never really saw it as a popular choice on the forums. I might just have to look into this though. That's a great price and sounds perfect for a little more fun around town and down the strip. Thanks for sharing, Brian.

I don't suppose they happened to make a B24 HACD version of that converter, did they? Might be asking a little much for that one.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Awesome info. I'd heard about people using the S-10 converters, but never really saw it as a popular choice on the forums. I might just have to look into this though. That's a great price and sounds perfect for a little more fun around town and down the strip. Thanks for sharing, Brian.

I don't suppose they happened to make a B24 HACD version of that converter, did they? Might be asking a little much for that one.

I couldn't find one but here is a link to their catalog.

http://www.daccoatparts.com/pdfs/40t...%20Catalog.pdf

Even with the catalog saying the stall speed of the B24 HBCD is 2560 it does stall higher in the F body behind the V6.
              sigpic

Comment

I couldn't find one but here is a link to their catalog.

http://www.daccoatparts.com/pdfs/40t...%20Catalog.pdf

Even with the catalog saying the stall speed of the B24 HBCD is 2560 it does stall higher in the F body behind the V6.
                Sweet. I found an old thread on another forum about a guy that swapped one from an S-10 (assuming it's a B24 HBCD) into his V6 car a couple years ago. His claims showed it flashing upwards of 3200, so that's definitely preferable. I was just playing the devil's advocate and seeing how much more good news I could get.
                Last edited by pace2006; 01-26-2010, 11:52 PM.
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Just saying there is more to enjoying a car then track times. Beefing up the T5 is pointless IMO... If you want to keep going that route, go Auto... But I feel you lose alot going from an auto to a manual.

Comment

I need me one of them stalls

Comment

Originally posted by Italia View Post
                      I need me one of them stalls
                      $89 on ebay.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know this thread is a little old, but where are you guys finding these for $89? I have been searching for forever now and cannot find one for that price. Hell, even finding a B24 HLHD is hard enough. So does anyone have a link that they would like to share?

Comment

Find a seller on ebay that sells dacco reman converters and ask them about that part number. There will most likely be a core charge involved. Or find a shop in your area that sells them to transmissions shops.
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X