Want to hit the 14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to hit the 14's

3.73's are fun, i havent gotten to really enjoy them though because i cant go into into 3rd from 2nd, but going into 2nd from 45mph is full of tractionless fun aha

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
      3.73's are fun, i havent gotten to really enjoy them though because i cant go into into 3rd from 2nd, but going into 2nd from 45mph is full of tractionless fun aha
      I have zero tractioon problems the UMI tunnel mount TQ arm and other suspension mods make it to where it just chirps the tires and plants you in your seat. I like it alot. I've gotten my auto in 3 rd gear to about 122 MPH one time to make sure it stays in 3rd and it does, didn't take too long having the 3.73's. Was a open road no cars around of course.LOL
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

man thats crazy, with the turbo im pretty sure the 5speed wont hold it, i hate to say it but i might go auto

Comment

stalled auto is the only way to go...you'll never wanna drive manual again

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            stalled auto is the only way to go...you'll never wanna drive manual again
            Hell, even with a shift kit and Hptuners you'll never go back to a manual.LOL Magnus said it best noone can't out shift a computer.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Hell, even with a shift kit and Hptuners you'll never go back to a manual.LOL Magnus said it best noone can't out shift a computer.
              exactly...you have no idea how many ppl I meet that are like...You have an auto??? your already gunna lose this race...thats always my que to say, "ya your right...we should put some cash down on it to make it interesting" :rolleyes:....too bad no one ever bites...

everyone thinks auto is "p*ssy," hell, you can shift your gears and feel like a man...me, I'll take going faster and winning anyday...its the end result that counts...
              Last edited by LETZRIDE; 11-15-2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I had a white 350Z manual(pretty sure) pull up to me at about 1am and start reving his engine and itching forward moving then stopping for about a min sitting there. Pissed me off because it gets old after 15 seconds because sitting at a light esp. a freeway one that takes so long. So I waited for the light to turn and it hit green and I gunned it pulled 3 -4 cars on him and at about 60-70 he was 7-8 cars then never saw him, must have turned off some where. I have no idea how many people were in it or who was driving because my tint and their tint. But I have no traction issues so it just sticks on every shift, I guess because of the SS spoiler and 3" SS hood , they thought it was a V8 and was going to mess with it , I don't know but the little b@stards got served.LOL I couldn't believe the 3-4 car lenght out of the hole, I know its quick off the line and weighs alittle over 3000lbs with me in it, but damm I thought they were quicker.LOL Shows you the power of the auto shifting and their manual shifting. I looked at the weight of the 350Z's 3600lbs WOW + driver and any guests so I guess it was about right, would put me in low 14's or high 13's maybe.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 11-20-2009, 04:25 AM.

Comment

i love my auto but its going bad and i have a full manual swap laying here so im gunna put it in to try it and im nervous cause i think im gunna be slower cause my 4l60e has a shift kit and a corvette servo. with a lower than stock stall converter with a higher muliplyer so same as stock just locks up at 2000 insted of like 2600 (i autocross its much easyer on the tranny). im gunna miss auto i know it :( but its gunna be a nice change for a while since i dont have to dd my car n e more :D

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                    i love my auto but its going bad and i have a full manual swap laying here so im gunna put it in to try it and im nervous cause i think im gunna be slower cause my 4l60e has a shift kit and a corvette servo. with a lower than stock stall converter with a higher muliplyer so same as stock just locks up at 2000 insted of like 2600 (i autocross its much easyer on the tranny). im gunna miss auto i know it :( but its gunna be a nice change for a while since i dont have to dd my car n e more :D
                    for auto cross manual will be better for you...anything else...auto all the way...

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                      trust me do it,sure the auto is a tad quicker in shifting but you loose more power to drivetrain loss but manual is way funner anyday,when i did my swap my car suddenlt woke up,so much better,car also sound better instead of one constant exhaust note.

Comment

Yes, for autocrossing a manual is def. needed and if you have more than 300 WRHP or TQ then you should look into a G-Force tranny becuase the 3rd gear will break in no time esp. with the abuse it will get auto crossing. DD and track A4 like said is the best my stock 02' stall thats in my 96' will stall to about 2200-2400 RPMS, need my Earls steel brake lines put in. And with 3.73's the RPMS are always above 3000 RPMS when WOT shifting so its perfect for my cam specs.

Comment

IMHO....

Auto is better for:
                          drag racing
                          d/d with lots of stop & go traffic (although I do this with my manual, and never give it a second thought)
                          girls, who don't want to learn to drive a stick (I'll let you interpret that one)

Stick is better for:
                          road racing/track days
                          auto-x
                          drifting
                          guys, who actually enjoy driving their cars

again, IMHO...

Comment

ya i like to get sideways and do some drifting, idk how that will work in an auto, i really enjoy my manual but i have never driven a tuned or stalled auto, but im looking at a couple trans ams right now built built a4's

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
                              trust me do it,sure the auto is a tad quicker in shifting but you loose more power to drivetrain loss but manual is way funner anyday,when i did my swap my car suddenlt woke up,so much better,car also sound better instead of one constant exhaust note.
                              not in a stalled....manual guys can have fun shifting trying to catch up to us...us stalled guys will throw a couple cars on you right off the line...hell, thanks to torque multiplication, I leave the line with probably a tad over 400 ft/lbs of torque...not happening in a manual...

and if you dont believe me, there is a guy on ftv6 with only 4.10 gears, 4000 stall, and a 100 shot....and he can pull his tire off the ground when he launches...manual doesn't do that...so that drivetrain loss that you speak of is more then made up for...trust me...

Comment

I think autos are more for big horsepower guys for us 3.8's and are well suited for drag racing, as for drifting we don't have any Tokeyo drift roads to drift down on in AZ that are legal or any parking areas where you won't be cited for wreckless diving that I know of. But manuals are great for just crusing in the slow lanes while the other auto Camaro is passing him and has his arm around his girlfriend instead of his stick. LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X