X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how much should i expect to pay

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
    yeah, I posted again your thread

LOL no you didn't beat on it, because its not obvious drivetrain damage. You let the 25 year old car sit to long so the seals dried up and started leaking. Thats a completely different problem.

This car you are looking at was probably run at the track pretty consistantly with some nice powershifts to **** it up. **** maybe even a nitroused car for all you know.

Only excuse is maybe the clutch went out, and it wore out the synchros... but now we are talking about a car with 50k needing a clutch? That means it was beat on as well.
    i never said the clutch is bad

once again, i know the owner, the car was NEVER on the track, and like i sad before, it is 100% stock except for the hood, no nitrous

he scraped a ground effect and almost had a heart attack/cried he would never beat on that car.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post

he scraped a ground effect and almost had a heart attack/cried he would never beat on that car.

Are you saying he scraped a ground effect and cried out loud: "Because I scraped my ground effect I will not beat on this car"?

I'm just trying to keep up with the conversation

Also, is it your view point that a tranny, on a newer vehicle ,with 50k miles going bad is acceptable?

I just had an idea, see if the bank will finance the cost of a tranny re-build into the loan, then its like there no problem at all. Just thinking out loud.

Keep us updated on the vehicle :excited:
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout View Post
        Are you saying he scraped a ground effect and cried out loud: "Because I scraped my ground effect I will not beat on this car"?

I'm just trying to keep up with the conversation

Also, is it your view point that a tranny, on a newer vehicle ,with 50k miles going bad is acceptable?

I just had an idea, see if the bank will finance the cost of a tranny re-build into the loan, then its like there no problem at all. Just thinking out loud.

Keep us updated on the vehicle :excited:
        no, i am saying someone who is like that about a car isnt going to beat on it, i know the type of people, my dad is one of them, he doesnt beat on his cars, yet he had a transmission go bad at like 50k miles.. oh, but he must have beat on it considering what you guys are saying...

and, yes i think it is acceptable, sometimes things just go bad, could be a manufacture defect, take for instance the fuel pumps on our cars, some people have had them go out at 50k, others never need to replace them, others go out at 150k, does this mean that those people who had theirs go out at 50k were doing something wrong? i doubt that

like i have said the whole time, i know the car has not been beat on, but you guys seem to insist that it was. thats like telling me that i am an animal abuser because my dog has a bad hip, of i must have hit my dog repeatedly in the hip to give it that problem...

anyways, im not even worried about the transmission, the car is still 100% driveable, it doesnt pop out of reverse all of the time, just when it is under a high load, and i can just skip the gear with the bad syncro for now, actually i dont even think it grinds all of the time, just sometimes

but thanks, i will keep you guys updated

Comment

im meticulous about my cars, yet i beat the snot out of them. mine has 13yr old paint that would make paint on a new car look blah. so its a moot point to say because someone loves a car they wont beat on it. mine has well over 150 passes on it, a few speedo toppers and other stupid things ive done (power breaking etc)

either way if you like it buy it. **** breaks, its a fbody, theyre cheaply made for a reason.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X