I want a crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want a crown vic

my friend has a 95 ex cop car... push bumper, mega fone, dual flowmaster....its awesome lol

Comment

I've done a few ride-alongs in the backseat of cop cars and there is virtually no legroom. The back bench is pushed forward so that you can hardly squeeze your feet in the space on the ground between the back bench and the front seat. They do this to reduce the ability of arrestees to move around back there. The benefit is that there is a ton of room in the trunk because the back seat is so far forward in the cabin of the car. If your backseat passengers are ever uncomfortable just put them in the trunk as there's so much room back there...lol. Also, I've been in crown vic cop cars at full throttle and yeah they're fairly quick, but I'd say the 3800 camaro/firebird is quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
        I've done a few ride-alongs in the backseat of cop cars and there is virtually no legroom. The back bench is pushed forward so that you can hardly squeeze your feet in the space on the ground between the back bench and the front seat. They do this to reduce the ability of arrestees to move around back there. The benefit is that there is a ton of room in the trunk because the back seat is so far forward in the cabin of the car. If your backseat passengers are ever uncomfortable just put them in the trunk as there's so much room back there...lol. Also, I've been in crown vic cop cars at full throttle and yeah they're fairly quick, but I'd say the 3800 camaro/firebird is quicker.

so why were ya back there? lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

oh i got brought in for the usual violations: sexual solicitation, assault with a deadly weapon...etc. haha, j/k!

I'm doing my masters in criminology at the U of T...so I've been on a few ride-alongs for research purposes. Also the cops drove me to a hotel once after a car accident.

Comment

I thought about one of those for my next daily driver. they are pretty cheap and widely avalable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
              Also, I've been in crown vic cop cars at full throttle and yeah they're fairly quick, but I'd say the 3800 camaro/firebird is quicker.
              That is also true. Only thing the Crown vic has on us is the V8 sound.. but they are slower.

Comment

I've out run crown vics a few times...not with the V6 though

Comment

I love my crown vic. They are great cars and easy to work on. The P71's have better suspension, lsd, better gears and dual exahust. The dual exhaust give the car 20 more hp and 10 more tq. If I was going to buy one it would be a 01+. They have the new PI motors. My gas mileage is at least 23 mpg. Now matter how hard I am on the gas. They can also run on 87. :)

Oh, they can outrun our V6's too.
                  1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

well I'm not racing it so I'm not worried about speeds :D and the gas mileage isn't that bad. My 80 malibu gets 9mpg!!! I'm just saying that you can get them cheap, they are easy to work on, provide lots of room and comfort, and somewhat secure.

I would never buy a honda... and I don't really need another car, but I'd like to have a crown vic. If I was needing an economy car then I wouldn't have sold my 2000 malibu. I mean come on... who the hell hasn't dreamed of driving a cop car :D

If I get one... you better believe that I'll be modding it though. I will try and keep the outside looking normal... but maybe some fog lights inside the grill, cb radio or xm radio with the large antenna LOL and a push guard up front.
                    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

dude, check out crownvic.net. good info there.
                      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

sell him your crown vic david, you dont need two cars in florida anyway
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                            sell him your crown vic david, you dont need two cars in florida anyway
                            tell me more
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

LOL you dont want it. It need's a front right fender and some paint. :)

Comment

I've been searching and searching and searching :tired:

I've found a few that I've inquired about... just awaiting responses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X