I want a crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a crown vic

I've always loved police cars... and well my buddy found an ex-police car the other day. He got it for 2200 dollars. Its a 2001 crown vic, white with black wheels and he's getting the windows tinted this week. Its got so much room on the inside and he said that nobody ever rides his *** anymore :D

I think a crown vic would be a perfect commuter car for me. I wonder where I can get one for around 2k.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: I want a crown vic

Originally posted by josh98bird
    I've always loved police cars... and well my buddy found an ex-police car the other day. He got it for 2200 dollars. Its a 2001 crown vic, white with black wheels and he's getting the windows tinted this week. Its got so much room on the inside and he said that nobody ever rides his *** anymore :D

I think a crown vic would be a perfect commuter car for me. I wonder where I can get one for around 2k.
    im not sure... i personally don't like the looks of them, but my brother used to have one and he said it was fast (i dunno if they give you the police interceptor engine too, but that would help) last year our local police department sold 3 crown vics for like... uh... i think it was ~$2000 actually

Comment

When I was looking for my car in Portland, I saw tons of retired crown vics with the black wheels and black doors on the white car. Some of them still had the strobes in the lights (not hooked up obviously) I think it would be an awesome car to have. Gotta realize they were beat to death by the cops, but i still think it would be awesome.. and cheap.

--as far as I know, the Police Interceptor package is purely suspension.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        ahhh ok then, my bad :) but mabey you could get one from your police department, they do have lots of room

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          i looked it up... and it also seems to have special trim (grill, doorhandles, mirrors) as well as a new intake system...:) according to wikipedia

Comment

well I've been looking around and it only makes since that the best place to purchase one is from a small town's police station. My home town never has any chases or such. I'd say most of the time the cars are just idleing which may be bad, but then again it doesn't go through a huge heat cycle. And most of the cops around here take care of their own units. I would def want one with the interceptor... I'd never have to worry about it getting stolen :D... and everyone would get out of the way.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

well I've been looking around and it only makes since that the best place to purchase one is from a small town's police station. My home town never has any chases or such. I'd say most of the time the cars are just idleing which may be bad, but then again it doesn't go through a huge heat cycle. And most of the cops around here take care of their own units. I would def want one with the interceptor... I'd never have to worry about it getting stolen :D... and everyone would get out of the way.
              lol very true...

Comment

My friend has one and when I am riding with him everyone slows down (to exactly or below the speed limit) and moves out of the way. Also no one rides his ***. The other good thing is cops don't really mess with him because at first glance they think it's an unmarked car.

The other thing is he is a huge pothead so the cops know him by first name.. He also has a PA system that he got in trouble for multiple times.. haha.. so as long as that isn't you, you shouldn't have a problem.. lol

Comment

Single digit gas mileage!! :rock:

P71's are pretty sweet though, but not for an ideal DD (compared to SUV's these days they aren't that bad though, and they are much safer than one).

Comment

Well the firebird doesn't have that much room (I take loads of clothes home on the weekends) and I hate driving it 5 miles to school and work all the time. I would love to find a vic that I don't car about messin up... I could haul more ****... and it would be fun :D I just wonder if it would get egged alot

Comment

Well the firebird doesn't have that much room (I take loads of clothes home on the weekends) and I hate driving it 5 miles to school and work all the time. I would love to find a vic that I don't car about messin up... I could haul more ****... and it would be fun :D I just wonder if it would get egged alot
                      that would be funny... just seeing an unmarked cop car outside of a house and egging it... i would imagine compared to your firebird yea

Comment

seriously... I don't live in a bad neighborhood and my firebird is reaching 150k. I think its time to get something more realiable then the bird, or get something else to drive so that the bird isn't abused as much. Plus having some room would be nice. I make trips to see family that take 2-3 hours on the road.

Comment

Then I would get a Honda or something. Seriously, the gas mileage is going to kill you. Other than that one fact, crown vics are sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                            Then I would get a Honda or something. Seriously, the gas mileage is going to kill you. Other than that one fact, crown vics are sweet.
                            that would work but it sounds like he needs a mix of gas millage, comfortability, reliability, and size. it sounds like he want something big to haul stuff around in too... i would get a like a medium sized 4 door economy car... or he could get a crown vic if he can willingly afford the gas :)

Comment

Heck yes brother, Im with you on the crown vics and if i couldnt find one id get a black town car lol :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X