This is what happen when you street race in Calif. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what happen when you street race in Calif.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is what happen when you street race in Calif.

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    and what the hell is QFMFT??
    Quoted For Mother Fu¢king Trueness

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Ya i dont agree with this method either. I rember awhile back I was watching tv where they interviewed street racers and alot of them said that if there was a track to go to they would rather than race in the street.
      - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

I actually agree with this method. I mean, if my car was crushed for me breaking the law because I was doing something as stupid as street racing, it would really be a back burner on my brain never to do that again. I think we will see a decrease in street racing around that area.

I mean, it's very stupid to still street race in this day in age where there are so many accomodations now for racers to go to the strip and race legally. Why be as dumb to do it on the open roads and risk taking innocent lives or your own? It's pure stupidity. I mean, yes, back in the 90's and early 2000 years I was still street racing, but then I got married and had a kid and ended up beating the crap out of someone who was still street racing. Why you ask? Because my daughter wasn't even 6 months old and 2 street racers were racing down a back road that is taken to get to my neighborhood and they ran my wife and daughter off the road and into a ditch. Luckily she knew what kind of car it was and it helped that she said half the honda was primer, so I knew right off who it was. Seriously, what would have happened if the ditch hadn't have been there? Sure, she waited until the ditch was only about 5 feet deep instead of the bigger part where it would have totaled the car and most likely have inured her and my daughter.

Street racing is pretty stupid, and I don't agree with it as much as I did in the past. Go to a strip, race all you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
          I actually agree with this method. I mean, if my car was crushed for me breaking the law because I was doing something as stupid as street racing, it would really be a back burner on my brain never to do that again. I think we will see a decrease in street racing around that area.

I mean, it's very stupid to still street race in this day in age where there are so many accomodations now for racers to go to the strip and race legally. Why be as dumb to do it on the open roads and risk taking innocent lives or your own? It's pure stupidity. I mean, yes, back in the 90's and early 2000 years I was still street racing, but then I got married and had a kid and ended up beating the crap out of someone who was still street racing. Why you ask? Because my daughter wasn't even 6 months old and 2 street racers were racing down a back road that is taken to get to my neighborhood and they ran my wife and daughter off the road and into a ditch. Luckily she knew what kind of car it was and it helped that she said half the honda was primer, so I knew right off who it was. Seriously, what would have happened if the ditch hadn't have been there? Sure, she waited until the ditch was only about 5 feet deep instead of the bigger part where it would have totaled the car and most likely have inured her and my daughter.

Street racing is pretty stupid, and I don't agree with it as much as I did in the past. Go to a strip, race all you'd like.

I totally agree with you man...street racing is stupid...but they have to do something other then this...I live in Toronto and Im about 2.5 hours from a track....If I want to race I still drive my *** all the way to cayuga though...but thats because Im not a dumbass...I know a ton of people that couldnt be bothered to take 5 hours out of there day (2.5 there and back) to get a few passes in...so like I said, maybe where you live there is quite a few tracks, but in places like here they should open some up and I bet they'd see a decrease in it

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
            I totally agree with you man...street racing is stupid...but they have to do something other then this...I live in Toronto and Im about 2.5 hours from a track....If I want to race I still drive my *** all the way to cayuga though...but thats because Im not a dumbass...I know a ton of people that couldnt be bothered to take 5 hours out of there day (2.5 there and back) to get a few passes in...so like I said, maybe where you live there is quite a few tracks, but in places like here they should open some up and I bet they'd see a decrease in it
            Yeah, they seriously need to open up a track closer then that. Especially if t here is a number of people that are street racing around there. It's just like when they made skateboarding illegal down here (of course it's a bad analogy because nobody really dies from this) , people still did it and they were arresting numbers of people daily for doing it. When they realized making it illegal wasn't going to stop anyone, they gave in and built a few skateparks in the immediate area. Making something have drastic consequences isn't going to stop someone from doing something, so you need to accomodate a legal way for them to do it in a safe environment. And racing is a very popular hobby and sport, you can't just say don't race or your car will get crushed, give them an alternative to that , that is legal and can be done in a safe environment.

But I do think the consequence being a crushed car will dampen a lot of street racers and cause them not to do it. Well, I atleast hope it will, but I know a lot of idiots that won't even think about the consequence and still continue to do it.

Comment

Hah, nice...

It may stop re-occurences from the same people, but don't know if it will do much to stop the "Spur of the moment" racing. Like others have said, the best bet is to prob throw a track right in the immediate area. Anyone with money out that way? Sounds like a d@mn good investment.

I tell ya one thing, my flyers for the track would have pic's of crushed cars as a selling point.
              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

So when are they going to start crushing the cars of those convicted of DUI's? Oh wait, this is just some sensationalized piece of garbage put out to give the impression...so I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of never

Comment

I'm not a fan of the car crushing.

If it was a repeat offender... in the same vehicle then I'm ok with it.

This, first strike and your out is BS.

I am a fan of the police... but with any aspect in life there can be a bad seed and if one bad cop was having a bad day they could "say" the person was street racing and they really weren't.

I am an ex street racer.... I raced a HELL of a lot.... and was known for suckering newbies by saying it is just a v6...I think it is BS that my car could be potentially crushed just because I got on the gas a bit and someone thought I was racing.....I branched out into legal racing - at designated race tracks.

I now race only at legit tracks.
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6
                    I'm not a fan of the car crushing.

If it was a repeat offender... in the same vehicle then I'm ok with it.

This, first strike and your out is BS.

I am a fan of the police... but with any aspect in life there can be a bad seed and if one bad cop was having a bad day they could "say" the person was street racing and they really weren't.
                    I would almost bet that they go to court for this before the car is crushed. And, if you know for a fact that you weren't street racing and have a lawyer that is worth anything they will most likely rely on the police video to make a decision.

If my car was crushed and they had no actual evidence that I was street racing, I can gurantee you that I would have one very large civil suit going on with the judicial system in that area.

Comment

down where i live, to stop street racing, or atleast reduce it, the police had a thing called beat the heat. you go to the local 1/8 mile track and they had a bunch of police cars. everything from a crown vic to some big *** 350 thrown into a chevelle.
                      if you beat them (of course they wont throw a lil ol v6 like me up againt a chevelle.. but i raced him anyway.. more to come hold on..) then you get a shirt saying i beat the heat :D

just a little event..

I had that chevelle for like half the way cuz he couldnt catch traction, lawlz.. then he killed me :'(

i got a shirt cuz i owned a cruiser :P
                      WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

that cars MINE, i dunt let ANYbody touch it. if my own mother drives it without asking me i chew her out like you wouldnt believe. im 17, i put every dollar i earn into that car, and to me, when some one, ANYONE, messes with it or uses it without my permission, i take it as a slap in the face. if the state were to crush my car they would crush my belief in freedom. it just by saying, "he was street racing" they could take what i worked so hard to get...thats not what this countrys about

Comment

Originally posted by Blip55
                          down where i live, to stop street racing, or atleast reduce it, the police had a thing called beat the heat. you go to the local 1/8 mile track and they had a bunch of police cars. everything from a crown vic to some big *** 350 thrown into a chevelle.
                          if you beat them (of course they wont throw a lil ol v6 like me up againt a chevelle.. but i raced him anyway.. more to come hold on..) then you get a shirt saying i beat the heat :D

just a little event..

I had that chevelle for like half the way cuz he couldnt catch traction, lawlz.. then he killed me :'(

i got a shirt cuz i owned a cruiser :P
                          thats a nice idea...i don't think my car could take on any of the police vehicles without some kinda weight reduction or mods... in my town they just got a new dodge charger pure white (not sure if they are gonna put the paint on it or leave it "undercover") it looks sweet, way better than a crown vic. in my opinion.

Comment

But you know what guys even with this law street racing is still runamok here. Just last week a lady driving a Mercedes was rearended while she was still driving. The hit was so hard that her lost control of car and hit an electric poll. This caused the transformer to blow and causing some power outage. The lady was listed in critical condition.

So what's the use?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by 02camaro3800
                              that cars MINE, i dunt let ANYbody touch it. if my own mother drives it without asking me i chew her out like you wouldnt believe. im 17, i put every dollar i earn into that car, and to me, when some one, ANYONE, messes with it or uses it without my permission, i take it as a slap in the face. if the state were to crush my car they would crush my belief in freedom. it just by saying, "he was street racing" they could take what i worked so hard to get...thats not what this countrys about
                              That is why this country has a democracy. When you do something that is against the laws that this country has set to see in the better interest of the safety of its inhabitants, that gives them the amendment of free will to do what they please as a proper consequence to your action of breaking the law.
                              So yes, that's exactly what this country is about.

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
                                thats a nice idea...i don't think my car could take on any of the police vehicles without some kinda weight reduction or mods... in my town they just got a new dodge charger pure white (not sure if they are gonna put the paint on it or leave it "undercover") it looks sweet, way better than a crown vic. in my opinion.
                                That's what our cops down here have been switching too. They still have some crown vics rolling around and some Expeditions and what not, but a number of them have gotten Dodge Chargers. And then there is the cool cop with the Crown Vic that has been notched, body dropped and is on hydro's with a sweet paint job. But, I talked with a few of my cop friends and they said they are slowly but surely going to make the switch to modded dodge chargers over the next few years. I'm glad to see what my tax dollars are going towards :P

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X