Little Hello from France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little Hello from France

I totally agree with you Josh, I have a collegue making fun of me with my 2 Chevys because he thinks it's exepnsive
    Just to give you an example, he has a 1.1L engine 55hp and does 21mpg with it ! Great ! That's less than a 3.8l V6 pulling out 200hp !!!

Driven like what they're made for, american cars are not that thirsty. :tup:
    When I got the 1998 I thought the gas gauge was broken.

Oh, TheGr8Schlotzky, don't worry, it's OUT OF QUESTION for me to sell any of my 2 Chevys, I really love them. :D
    I love the noise, the ride, the handling and ... the interior's smell :tup:

The only problem is the addiction :)

Comment

Yes Blip55, in France cars don't run on gas ... they run on tax !
      How much is the gallon of fuel in US ?

Comment

here (FL) premium is maxed at like 3.30 per gallon lol

its costs us $100 to fill up the shops silverado 2500 HEAVY DUTY! A 6 LITER V8! lol
        right now on the v6, i calculated about 15mpg, but that was the 1st day i got it back after a month in the shop, (went thru 40 bux in those 2 days :P) hahahah, so i fillled up yesterday, going to get a better reading :D
        Last edited by Blip55; 11-14-2007, 10:39 AM.
        WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Originally posted by Nirgal
          You know, it's part of the french culture to criticize the ones who have succeded. It's easier than trying to do better.
          you also have to remember that historically, the french are some of the most nationalistic (patriotic) people. just look at how recent elections have gone with some of the extreme platforms that politicians took.

i never once saw an fbody while i was living in europe, but then once i moved back to america, ive seen so many people from europe on fbody forums!

nice looking cars, by the way! and what color is the 98? is it that monterrey maroon metallic or whatever its called?
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Well, Stevethepirate, the fact that the extreme party was almost elected doesn't come from a nationalistic or patriotic movement.
            Election goes in 2 rounds, first round isn't taken seriously and people make what we call "protestation vote".
            Let me explain, imagine that both republican and democrate party each have a political program that doesn't solve any of the problem the country has. In that case, to "tell them" we're not happy with that, french people vote for a second category bloke (who - we think - doesn't have any chance to be elected), just to send a "warning" in a sense.
            The only problem was that this year too many people were unhappy with the 2 major political movements we usually vote for. As a consequence the guy came up to the second round :tdown: The guy only got 8% of the voices on second round, so I guess we're not that extremist ;) President was elected with 82%, looks like communist regime :D

About the color, she appears orange on the picture, don't know why but she is actually "bloody red", like this one :
            http://cgi.ebay.fr/COUPE-CAMARO-DANS...ayphotohosting
            Don't know how this color is called.

Comment

I want that Euro rear bumper cover. :rock:

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Blip55
                here (FL) premium is maxed at like 3.30 per gallon lol

its costs us $100 to fill up the shops silverado 2500 HEAVY DUTY! A 6 LITER V8! lol
                right now on the v6, i calculated about 15mpg, but that was the 1st day i got it back after a month in the shop, (went thru 40 bux in those 2 days :P) hahahah, so i fillled up yesterday, going to get a better reading :D
                2.96 here and about 30 dollars for me to fill up.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Welcome to the board. Are you part of the fbodyeurope.org? I was on there when I was stationed in Germany.

I remember the French around Paris to be more political and not liking Americans much, but when we visited the towns near Normandy, they were alot more friendly.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

welcome!

id rather have a sweet car that sucks gas than a ugly car that gets 50mpg.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

I mean, technically, he's driving imports... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Comment

I like those cars man, they're nice.

How long (in days) Does a tank of gas last you?

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                          2.96 here and about 30 dollars for me to fill up.
                          you're going to want to cry about this part too... As few as 5 years ago, gas here in america cost less than 1.50/gallon. Since then, people have been panicking about oil shortages and the market price for oil has gone way up. Everyone says we went to Iraq for the oil, but in reality, it seems the opposite thing happened... we went over there and now gas is the most expensive its ever been (besides for a year or so in the 1970's). And the whole way through, the oil companies have been raking in huge profits... grr...

anyhow, ranting aside, your English is fine, and you have two beautiful cars. The V6 should last you damn near forever as long as you take care of her. There are plenty of people on this site (including me) that have WELL over 125,000 miles on the car (or 200,000 kilometers) and still running strong. That, and having what must be an exotic car over there must really turn some heads with the ladies :naughty:

Welcome to the board! :wavey:
                          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Nirgal,

Welcome to the forum. Nice 68RS SS you have there. If your 68 is original, you definitely have a car worth some $$$$. I have a 69 camaro and a 96RS. My 69 camaro was a 307 power glide with a 10 bolt all of which is sitting in the corner of my garage. Now it has a 420hp 350 with a 4 speed and moser 12 bolt. I also lowered it with Hotchkis front and rear springs and added Baer Brakes. This is great site for the v6 camaros. If you want a site for older camaros, check out

http://www.camaros.net/
                            69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

bonjour man... welcome to the forums... i took two years of french in highschool... but i hated the teacher and didn't pay attention... i like both of your cars. :D:tup:

Comment

used to cost us 110 euro to fill up our audi. i do NOT miss the price of gas.

and i love talking politics. maybe some day when im sober ill come back in here and give my .02.
                                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                                2006 S60- Sold
                                2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X