Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Hello from France

Hi guys,

First excuse me for my poor english, hope you'll understand what I say :)

I've been reading a lot on this forum lately, it's very interesting and lots of good advice.

Let me introduce myself, I leave near Paris and I've always been keen on big american muscle cars. :tup:

I have 2 of them :
    - 1968 Camaro 396 SS, with TH400, completely stock !
    - 1998 Camaro V6 3.8L with auto gearbox.

Both are great, but I really love the 68 ! :tup:

I use the 1998 to commute to work everyday, bit expensive with our gas price equivalent to 7.5$ per gallon but as we say :
    "we you love something you don't mind paying."

Well, have fun, take care of your Cams and long life to the forum :wavey:

Re: Little Hello from France

bonjour misour...

welcome to the site. sounds like u have some nice rides. you sure share some pictures, if possible.

1969 camaros are > *, but '67 and '68 are just as nice.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

hola...oh wait wrong lang. anyways. welcome to the board. i'll let the newbie beating for not posting pics slide this time.

POST PICS
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

bonjour monsieur!! Je ne connais pas que tu ne vois pas plus photos de ses voitures. I know that's probably pretty bad, seeing as I haven't taken french in a long time, but I tried :) It's nice to have you on the forum. Good luck. Also, I have a friend here in school with me from Toulouse Business school. I'll see if I can get her to help me next time :)
        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Here is my week-end toy :

And the one I use for everyday :

Don't worry for your french v6Motorheadftop :) and enjoy weather in Toulouse should be quite warm in here ... or at least less cold then Paris

Comment

Welcome! :wavey:

You have two nice looking Camaros. Your english isn't bad either. It's probably better then quite a few other people on this site.

Comment

Thanks HokieBird, I came several times to the states, really liked the people and their state of mind :tup:

Problem with my english is with technical vocab on engines :( anyway, I'll learn :)

Enjoy, thank you all for your welcome, that's cool :tup:

Comment

I've been told that French don't like Americans. Nice to hear that is isn't all French.

Nice cars there.

Comment

Very sharp 68... and nice 98 as well. Welcome to the forum and hope you decide to stick around. How much does it cost you to fill up a full tank of gas?
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Well you know Shadowguy, there is big difference between what the media says and what the population really thinks :)
                    Minority always talks louder than majority in here :(

You know, it's part of the french culture to criticize the ones who have succeded. It's easier than trying to do better.

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by Nirgal
                      Minority always talks louder than majority in here :(
                      And that is so true anywhere you go. It's not so much louder as it is they just won't shut the **** up though.
                      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Well Josh, to fill her up, I'd say it costs about 100$ or so, just gas, have to add substitute for unleaded fuel :naughty:
                        Don't tell me how much it costs to you or I'll cry 'till the end of the day ! LOOL :)

The 396 is doing 16L for 100km, which makes about 15mpg. The V6 is doing around 27 mpg, which isn't much.
                        When I bought these cars, people around told me I was crazy and I could not expect more than 5mpg ! Yeah right !!!
                        Handling is also quite different from french cars.

And don't worry I'll stick around ;)
                        Last edited by Nirgal; 11-14-2007, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Welcome! :wavey:
                          that's quite the expensive gas, hope you stick with it.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Nirgal
                            Well Josh, to fill her up, I'd say it costs about 100$ or so, just gas, have to add substitute for unleaded fuel :naughty:
                            Don't tell me how much it costs to you or I'll cry 'till the end of the day ! LOOL :)

The 396 is doing 16L for 100km, which makes about 15mpg. The V6 is doing around 27 mpg, which isn't much.
                            When I bought these cars, people around told me I was crazy and I could not expect more than 5mpg ! Yeah right !!!
                            Handling is also quite different from french cars.

And don't worry I'll stick around ;)
                            I was just wondering because my 80 malibu gets 9 miles per gallon on a good day. I've gotten up to 30mpg in my firebird when using 5th gear on long trips. Thats why i love it when these import/ricer guys says "atleast I get better mileage" then I reply with "what... 3mpg more than me?"

I know you'll stick around... its too addicting. I don't have class or work today and I've come back to the site about 10 times already.
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

7.5 per gallon!!!!!!!:omg::eek:
                              WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X