• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Street Racing

Originally posted by Meatyshells
    move to a different state then :)
    They don't have states in Canada
    -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
      Haha...thats as bad as they want to take our law one step even further now and crush cars that they THINK have been modified for street racing...so if you car has been modified to go faster then it must be used for street racing and they want to crush it BEFORE you even street race...because that possibility is there...
      Ha. News flash: You don't need a modified car to street race. When are they going to get a clue? I swear it seems the "law" watches more FatF moves than the street racers do.. :slap:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
        It will be nice when someone has the money to fight this and take it all the way to the supreme court if need be. If I was in a position to I certainly would.

I'm with you man...God help em if Im ever in that position where Im in the right and they try and pull this crap...Money or no money I'll fight this as far as I can take it, and add lawsuits on top of it... either that or I will steal my car back...cause there is ABSOULUTLY NO WAY...ANYONE...will ever crush my damn car EVER

And Yea I know...this is what I mean though...they arent making these laws to combat street racing...there doing it to make the older folk in the public happy since wayy tooo many ppl are Naiive and actually thinks this works...it doesnt ring a bell that anyone can street race with any car...But then again...main target is guys like us...young ppl with sports cars...we must be street racing if we have modified vehicles...why else would we need the power? :rant:

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
          It will be nice when someone has the money to fight this and take it all the way to the supreme court if need be. If I was in a position to I certainly would.
          I'm sure if you sold your soul to the ACLU they would help.

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
            I'm sure if you sold your soul to the ACLU they would help.

Rob

Too late, I no longer have a soul. It's been sold, resold auctioned off and then sliced up and distributed to more people than I can remember. I was given an epass to hell in exchange for all of it. :D
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

To me the term demeans racing.

Real racing is hard to do, in many ways. It has rules, and the results mean something.

Street messing around is easy and means nothing.

I was up in the stands one day (in my driving suit), waiting for my race, watching the Formula Vees. As often happens, there was one poor (literally) guy, in an old car, driving around behind everyone else. Three guys in front of me started pointing and snickering. I said "Excuse me. He's down there. You're up here. That's all I need to know." They shut up.

If you want to race, have the balls to go race.
              2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

That just points out another divide in all this. Wether it be demographic or economic it plays a big role in how people are looked at, perceived and treated. The problem with most things especially laws are they rely on humans to make snap decisions without hesitation. This creates serious flaws especially if the people having to make these decisions are biased.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X