Street Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Racing

Ok...So as of this past sunday at Midnight, everyone that lives in Ontario has to put up with this new law which I think is pure B.S....Relies WAYY too much on the discretion of the officers, and induces harsh penalties...plus even though its a "street racing law"...its not really appying to street racers

Here the article http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/261595

Maybe Im just crazy...tell me what u guys think...could happen in your area sooner then you think to...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Street Racing

The fine is pretty steep but OMG, its only 7 days suspension...

no big deal, dont street race i guess.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

most ricers cant go that fast any way lol

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
        The fine is pretty steep but OMG, its only 7 days suspension...

no big deal, dont street race i guess.

Its not that though...Its a given dont street race...But the penalty is if you go 50km/h over...There could be no other cars around just you...and there going to charge you with street racing...ALSO look at what else is included

"Julian Fantino, commissioner of the OPP, points out that the new law applies to unsafe lane changes, tailgating and not driving to suit the conditions, such as going over the speed limit in a snowstorm and risking lives."

Man...how many times do you actually break those laws...All you need to do is run into a cop thats just dont like you and your finished...Im not unhappy about the street racing part...Im unhappy about EVERYTHING else tho...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

move to a different state then :)

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

"a big day for saftey"

Ha.

Marks 100% guarentee of the month: This new law won't even dent the number of yearly road deaths in Ontario.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

In Az, in some cities Glendale one of them, 20 miles over the speed limit and your going straight to jail for the night( endangerment 8 points ) on your license. Up to the officer depending if your a D!ck or not he'll right it for 19 over and let you go.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Most of the street racing laws leaves it up to the perception of the officer. Read my post that I made. I got pulled over because the cop thought me and another kid were street racing. He even said he doesn't like the way the law is setup because it relies to much on their perception and it's not concrete. If you get around some cop that wants to show his bulliocks are bigger than yours he won't hesitate to throw you in jail.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                  Its not that though...Its a given dont street race...But the penalty is if you go 50km/h over...There could be no other cars around just you...and there going to charge you with street racing...ALSO look at what else is included

"Julian Fantino, commissioner of the OPP, points out that the new law applies to unsafe lane changes, tailgating and not driving to suit the conditions, such as going over the speed limit in a snowstorm and risking lives."

Man...how many times do you actually break those laws...All you need to do is run into a cop thats just dont like you and your finished...Im not unhappy about the street racing part...Im unhappy about EVERYTHING else tho...
                  So you're just upset that they lumped all those together, and called a "Street Racing" law. Maybe they should have called it "Driving like a dumbass law" I think that's "wreakless driving" here in the states.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                    "a big day for saftey"

Ha.

Marks 100% guarentee of the month: This new law won't even dent the number of yearly road deaths in Ontario.
                    Indeed... it's all about taxes... it's ALWAYS all about taxes... sad how they hide it behind something that looks like it's supposed to keep us safer on the roads.

Comment

When I went through the Academy, I could tell just by talking to the other cadets and their attitudes who were going to be pricks and who wasn't. But then again when you go out with your FTO(flield training officer) which you switch off every 3 weeks with a different officer which some are pricks and some not. You end up with the first FTO to evaluate your performance at the end. But after the 12 weeks some have to do another 2 weeks with another officer if they did not get good remarks from the other FTO's. But you have to follow the instructions of the FTO if they say write them up , you have to. So if you get 4 prick FTO's most likely the Officer is going to be a prick until he either adjusts to being his normal self or go back to the power trip mod he was in the academy. Then in briefings the Sgt. will tell you stop people for this and that for this day, or patrol this area real good we've had alot of complaints. I would say most are pretty cool unless people piss them off, then the writting begins, press firmly theirs 3 copies.lol
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
                        In Az, in some cities Glendale one of them, 20 miles over the speed limit and your going straight to jail for the night( endangerment 8 points ) on your license. Up to the officer depending if your a D!ck or not he'll right it for 19 over and let you go.
                        i always try to stay away from glendale, it seems that the cops there are always out to get you.
                        but yeah on my way to california i was caught going 23 over the limit (stupid i know) the cop told me he could take me to jail, but im pretty sure he only told me that to scare me. he told me he could take anyone to jail going 12 or more over the limit, which is dumb i think.
                        Last edited by Meatyshells; 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                          i always try to stay away from glendale, it seems that the cops there are always out to get you.
                          but yeah on my way to california i was caught going 23 over the limit (stupid i know) the cop told me he could take me to jail, but im pretty sure he only told me that to scare me. he told me he could take anyone to jail going 12 or more over the limit, which is dumb i think.
                          I like their power trip, " You know I could do this or that bunch of bullsh!t " I have a few friends who work for Chandler, Glendale, Peoria, Phoenix and Maricopa. They all say the same thing about dumba$$ cops in their department. I don't know about Cali, but 12 miles over = jail thats either kind of steep or bunch of BS.

Comment

i dont like the fact that you have no chance to appeal the ticket, you should be able to appeal any charge brought against you.

Comment

The american judicial system "Guilty until proven otherwise" Because even when your found innocent your stil a suspect and guilty in everyone's eyes.
                              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X