Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so is it a z28???

Originally posted by vanbibber
    ill put the 3800 decals next to my vtec: typeR emblems.

im also considering adding 2 more high rise spoilers to the stock one for extra hp gains.
    You may want a front spoiler as well to keep the front end on the ground
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

ill put a ss spoiler on the front.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

hey a v8 is a v8!
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
          hey a v8 is a v8!
          but that doesn't make it a Z28

Comment

naw imno poser im not worried bout the badges.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
              quoted by the noob :poke:

If you wanna put an SS badge on then go ahead, but you will get no respect from anyone that knows something about cars. Never take it to a car show because you will be laughed at. People say nice car to me as well, but I doubt its because of the badging.

took it to a show last week, the guy parked next to me had a 78 z28, he knew quite abit about camaros and he thought it was real until i told him, im not worried about what anyone thinks about my car or if anyone has respect for it, i do my own thing whether anyone likes/agrees with it. i dont know why people have a problem with how other people modify their cars, if thats what they want to do let them.... you dont have to drive it, but if someone puts time, money, and work into a car no matter how dumb it may look, ill give them respect. Guys who spend countless hours and money on there car to build something that most people think is dumb, get more respect from me because even though people put their car down time after time, they still have the balls to rock it. If you were a real car guy you would have respect for anyone who modifys a car whether you like their style or not. Sure i dont have a real SS or even a z28 for that matter, but i dont see anyone *****ing about the guy who just built a yenko clone, or a tempest to GTO clone that were on the cover of a car magazine.

Comment

ill get back to this in a bit. be warned, it may be long.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

alright...

took it to a show last week, the guy parked next to me had a 78 z28, he knew quite abit about camaros and he thought it was real until i told him
                  then he didnt know as much as he put on. first thing i would have noticed upon you pulling up is the exhaust note. second, i would have noticed the hardtop (assuming yours is). 3rd, i would have looked inside and checked the speedo and looked for badges,tranny(if manual). sorry, but its not that hard.

i do my own thing whether anyone likes/agrees with it. i dont know why people have a problem with how other people modify their cars, if thats what they want to do let them.... you dont have to drive it, but if someone puts time, money, and work into a car no matter how dumb it may look, ill give them respect
                  thats great and all that you dont care. but it still doesnt make the situation any better. we have a problem with it because..well, to be honest its stupid. how can we NOT make fun of someone who attempts to make a SS/WS6 clone out of thier car but make fun of the import guys who attempt to make their 240sx's look like a skyline? its the same thing. youre doing something that might look good, but at the end of the day its not what you claim it to be. youre right, we dont have to drive them, but we then have to hear about them and see them and wonder what in the hell that person was thinking.

i dont have a problem with people pissing thier time and money away on their cars, but dont get pissed when someone calls you on it and flames you. and just because you put money into it, doesnt always mean it looks good. i could pull up 387987987862343232 pictures of hondas with 50k into them and theyre some of the ugliest things anyone has ever seen.

Guys who spend countless hours and money on there car to build something that most people think is dumb, get more respect from me because even though people put their car down time after time, they still have the balls to rock it.
                  most of the time, said person is oblivious to the fact that they are the laughing stock of thier area, so it has less to do with balls and more to do with lack of other things.

If you were a real car guy you would have respect for anyone who modifys a car whether you like their style or not.
                  real car guys dont let other car guys make poor decisions. if it werent true there wouldnt be 100's of thousands of car forums dedicated to every car ever made and millions of members who post.

Sure i dont have a real SS or even a z28 for that matter, but i dont see anyone *****ing about the guy who just built a yenko clone, or a tempest to GTO clone that were on the cover of a car magazine.
                  well i tell you what, when your car is on a magazine cover for being a badass clone.. ill stop giving you a hard time. because id have to say they are there because they are cloned 100% down to the very smallest of details or very close to 100% your car on the other hand is nowhere close. and they probably dont go around trying to fool people into thinking thier car is the real deal. theyve probably put more into those cars than most of ours are worth so they are very deserving of a mag cover.

Follow me!
                  Or this

Comment

alright...

then he didnt know as much as he put on. first thing i would have noticed upon you pulling up is the exhaust note. second, i would have noticed the hardtop (assuming yours is). 3rd, i would have looked inside and checked the speedo and looked for badges,tranny(if manual). sorry, but its not that hard.

thats great and all that you dont care. but it still doesnt make the situation any better. we have a problem with it because..well, to be honest its stupid. how can we NOT make fun of someone who attempts to make a SS/WS6 clone out of thier car but make fun of the import guys who attempt to make their 240sx's look like a skyline? its the same thing. youre doing something that might look good, but at the end of the day its not what you claim it to be. youre right, we dont have to drive them, but we then have to hear about them and see them and wonder what in the hell that person was thinking.

i dont have a problem with people pissing thier time and money away on their cars, but dont get pissed when someone calls you on it and flames you. and just because you put money into it, doesnt always mean it looks good. i could pull up 387987987862343232 pictures of hondas with 50k into them and theyre some of the ugliest things anyone has ever seen.

most of the time, said person is oblivious to the fact that they are the laughing stock of thier area, so it has less to do with balls and more to do with lack of other things.

real car guys dont let other car guys make poor decisions. if it werent true there wouldnt be 100's of thousands of car forums dedicated to every car ever made and millions of members who post.

well i tell you what, when your car is on a magazine cover for being a badass clone.. ill stop giving you a hard time. because id have to say they are there because they are cloned 100% down to the very smallest of details or very close to 100% your car on the other hand is nowhere close. and they probably dont go around trying to fool people into thinking thier car is the real deal. theyve probably put more into those cars than most of ours are worth so they are very deserving of a mag cover.
                    Well put :tup: ...and long enough that I dont think I have to add my .02 cents in...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

just my quick little reply to all this,
                      If i make the car say v6 camaro into a z28 with all the options that came in that year and better it with more aftermarket parts to make it proform then is it ok ? Cause last time i looked a z28 package wasent all that much stuff . I mean i could see the ss being a diffrent thing becuse they were fitted at a diffrent location .I mean watch barret jackson some time and see how many clones come up, and they command almost as much money as the originals

Comment

agreed. they arent trying to play it off like its the real deal. they let everyone know its a clone. IMO theres nothing wrong with making a clone...but dont try and play it off like its the actual car, because it isnt. I have a Firebird, if i dropped an LS1 into it it still wouldn't be a Formula...it just wouldn't. but hell id be more proud to own a V6 that i did the LS1 swap on than just a Formula haha

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6
                          i dont know why people have a problem with how other people modify their cars, if thats what they want to do let them.... you dont have to drive it, but if someone puts time, money, and work into a car no matter how dumb it may look, ill give them respect. Guys who spend countless hours and money on there car to build something that most people think is dumb, get more respect from me because even though people put their car down time after time, they still have the balls to rock it.

do you respect this? and yes...those are plastic spinner hubcaps...

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Look here... Nobody is stopping you from making a clone. If thats what you want to do then go for it, but when you post that **** on this forum and ask for others input, then you will get it. We will not sugar coat this **** and make it sound great for you. A clone is a clone and thats it. If you want a clone then go for it, but if I park next to you at a show then I will laugh. If you clone a rare older car then thats different. A Shelby clone is different from a z28 or ss clone. I don't see what the deal is with badging? Why not just get the ss hood and such and leave the SS badges off??? If I paint a white wall blue, then I don't have to put blue in letters on the wall so that someone knows its blue. They can look at the car and tell if you are cloning an ss.

In all... if you wanna do it then go for it, but don't bring stupid questions here and wonder why we are flaming you!

There is nothing wrong with modding your car to your pleasure... I mean there are things I like that others don't. For example I can't stand halos and clear corners, but 90% of the members here do like them. With that said, if you like something then get it. Why ask if something looks good if you already feel a certain way.

By posting questions and asking opinion you have had on this forum shows that you are NOT doing what you like, but only going by what others like!
                            Last edited by josh98bird; 09-06-2007, 12:00 PM.
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Look here... Nobody is stopping you from making a clone. If thats what you want to do then go for it, but when you post that **** on this forum and ask for others input, then you will get it. We will not sugar coat this **** and make it sound great for you. A clone is a clone and thats it. If you want a clone then go for it, but if I park next to you at a show then I will laugh. If you clone a rare older car then thats different. A Shelby clone is different from a z28 or ss clone. I don't see what the deal is with badging? Why not just get the ss hood and such and leave the SS badges off??? If I paint a white wall blue, then I don't have to put blue in letters on the wall so that someone knows its blue. They can look at the car and tell if you are cloning an ss.

In all... if you wanna do it then go for it, but don't bring stupid questions here and wonder why we are flaming you!

There is nothing wrong with modding your car to your pleasure... I mean there are things I like that others don't. For example I can't stand halos and clear corners, but 90% of the members here do like them. With that said, if you like something then get it. Why ask if something looks good if you already feel a certain way.

By posting questions and asking opinion you have had on this forum shows that you are NOT doing what you like, but only going by what others like!
                              well said

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

i did not ask a question or ask for input.... not sure what made you think i did. i was just saying what i did.... i never asked what do you guys think or even come close. but i should have known i would have gotten a bunch of people to flame me and hey thats my mistake, it doesnt bother me.

and to answer to your last post

yes you are right it is very easy to tell a reagular camaro from an SS, i wont argue with that. i will even admit mine doesnt even look close to an SS the only "ss" thing it has are vinal "ss'' letters on the fenders. thats it.

secondly you say its stupid, thats your opinion... im sure 90% of the people will agree with YOU. thats fine. about the import guys, if someone is trying to turn their 240 into a skyline, id be the first to say go for it. why? because we would be in the same boat, we both want something we can most likely not afford, so whats the next best thing??? a fake, a clone, ect. sure your right at the end of the day its still a 240, or a v6 camaro. but its something we can say we "made", its differant from the others, its ours.

3rd. im not pissed cause people are flaming on me, im far from it. You say people piss away money on their car, again this is your opinion and again im sure people will agree with you, but to the people "pissing away their money" on their cars, it means something to them. im not saying i agree with what people have done to their cars, but if they did it then they must like it.... and honestly thats all that matters. about the ugly hondas... yep your right i have seen many of them, yes they are ugly but i wouldnt just flip the guy off and say it sucks because i dont like it. he obviously built it for a reason, his own reason. and i can respect that whether i think his car is "cool"

about people being ablivious to being the laughing stock, sure some wont get the picture, but alot do... its pretty obvious when people laugh in your face or say to your face your car sucks.

the part about not letting each other make poor decisions isnt necessaraly true, what one person thinks is a good idea another wont, for the most case there is no good or bad decision when building a car its all personal preferance. A real car guy would not "attack" someone who made what they thought was a poor decision. a real car guy would have said something along the lines of, hey do you really think thats a good idea? or Maby you should rethink that. Not if i saw you i would laugh at you, or thats stupid.

i know my car will probably never be on the cover of a mag, i never planned it would be. and i also think the those clone cars deserve to be on the cover. my bottom line is... im a 17 year old in high school, like most 17 year olds i can afford my "dream" car, so i did what I thought was the next best thing, make my own. I worked my *** off to buy the car and to pay for any modification done to it. i know most of you dont like the fact that i put ss badges on it, but really why should two vinal "ss" stickers be such a big deal to you. i am not trying to get you on my side or trying to get you to give me respect or stop giving me a hard time. but from a car guy to a car guy i think you should rethink what you say about other peoples cars, i know that you are accually trying to help them but by saying their stupid or their car sucks is not something a REAL car guy would do. please do not take offense to this post, i do not have anything against you. i respect your thoughts. and to add something that might make you happy my "ss" stickers are coming off tommarow, i am having hockey stick stripes put on my car and the ss stickers seem to clash with the stripes, since they are 2 differant colors, i just hope to god you dont have a problem with stripes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X