Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so is it a z28???

Originally posted by josh98bird
    you can add the ls1 and ss parts but its still a plain jane camaro... just better then the rest. Thats like asking if its a corvette if you put the corvette engine in it.
    exactly what I was gunna say...only several hours earlier...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

its impossible to turn a v6 camaro into a z28.

and a v6 camaro with an ls1 isnt going to be worth as much as a z28 either

Comment

Originally posted by mobilelectronics
        yea but i dont want an imitation and i want all the ss look.
        then why are you asking all these questions about "becoming" a Z28? Anyways, this isn't Advanced Tech material...this nonsense belongs in the Lounge or something

Comment

Moving.. anywhere but here....
          This is the most unadvanced topic ever. I would move it to gen tech, but they would laugh it into the lounge anyhow.
          To the lounge!
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
            Exactly what I was going to say. When getting insurance, they look the car up via VIN, so if you get insurance on a V8 converted Camaro, it's going to be the insurance cost of a V6 :D
            Careful, here....yeah, the insurance company will take you on your word based on a V6 car's VIN number when issuing a policy. I just went through a "total loss" wreck situation, and learned something about this whole process. (It was not my fault - sister in law driving my 2002 Monte Carlo, someone ran a red light and hit her).

Here's the problem. Say you wreck the car ("Oh, I'll be careful and not crash...")...fine, then say someone runs a red light, and they wreck it for you, and contest the accident, making your insurance cover the damage to your car until liability is determined and they sue the other guy's insurance - like what happened to us. Either way, if the car is totalled, they do not just cut you a check. The estimator looks over the car, and decides if it can be repaired, or totalled. Now, with my insurance company, what they did after determining that the damage exceeded a set percentage of the blue book. Then, they do a "market value analysis" - and this means going over the car and determining exactly what options the car has, etc., to determine valuation. This is a physical inspection...Woops - you said your car was a V6, but lookie here. A Ls1.

The isurance adjuster says - hey, braniac, your policy is now voided, you get no check, if someone got hurt in the wreck (or worse...), no liability coverage - possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars, all on you personally! That would buy a lot of Z28 cars. Sorry, but saving 150-200 bucks on a policy is not worth that nightmare, is it?

As far as "is it a Z28 or not", no way, no how. Only one place made 4th gen Z28's - St Therise. A clone is a clone is a clone. Add the parts, run it, it will be fun, but it will not be a Z28 (or SS or whatever).

My 2 cents!

Jeff
            Last edited by ditch68; 09-04-2007, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Well, the Z28 rpo code simply means the car is equipped from the factory with a V8. If you take a V8 and put it in a V6, your car will be 'equipped with a V8.' You could call it a Z28 if you wanted, but in the end, it's a V6 with a V8 swap. You could put Z28 badges on it, but it won't be a true Z28. I wouldn't have a problem either way, but why not leave the badges off and make it a sleeper?
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Agreed...

By the way, I love your avatar, Schlotzky.

"My spoon is too BIG."

Comment

ohh okay. well i guess ill just do the spoiler and the hood. it would be nice to get a billet grill to

Comment

if you juat want the looks why bother with the swap, go ahead and throw on the spoiler, hood, and top it off with a set of ss wheels. some people will call you a poser ect. but as long as your happy thats all that should matter, my car has ss badges on it, and has a flowmaster dual cat back, at idle and low RPMs most mistake it for a v8, since i put the exhaust and badges on no one even attemps to race or rev at me. sure most of the cars would probably smoke it, but they dont know what it really is, for me its fun to have the intimidation, and on top of that i dont race..... much, only some freinds. i have had many people say "wow thats a nice car, wish i had that when i was your age, (im 17) is it really an SS?" i just say, if you wanna find out you'll have to race, so far no one has even thought about racing it. i just like to mess with people, so i like what my car can do with its looks. some day i hope to have a real ss so i have the looks and power. but until then im havin fun with my sixxer.

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6
                      if you juat want the looks why bother with the swap, go ahead and throw on the spoiler, hood, and top it off with a set of ss wheels. some people will call you a poser ect. but as long as your happy thats all that should matter, my car has ss badges on it, and has a flowmaster dual cat back, at idle and low RPMs most mistake it for a v8, since i put the exhaust and badges on no one even attemps to race or rev at me. sure most of the cars would probably smoke it, but they dont know what it really is, for me its fun to have the intimidation, and on top of that i dont race..... much, only some freinds. i have had many people say "wow thats a nice car, wish i had that when i was your age, (im 17) is it really an SS?" i just say, if you wanna find out you'll have to race, so far no one has even thought about racing it. i just like to mess with people, so i like what my car can do with its looks. some day i hope to have a real ss so i have the looks and power. but until then im havin fun with my sixxer.
                      quoted by the noob :poke:

If you wanna put an SS badge on then go ahead, but you will get no respect from anyone that knows something about cars. Never take it to a car show because you will be laughed at. People say nice car to me as well, but I doubt its because of the badging.
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

my car has ss badges on it, and has a flowmaster dual cat back, at idle and low RPMs most mistake it for a v8,
                        I hate you so very much.

Comment

i hope your car either has t-tops or is a vert, cause if it's a hard top anyone who knows anything about camaros will laugh at you

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

sorry but LOL @ putting ss badges on a v6. maybe its just me, but id notice in less than .02 of a second.

ill never understand why everyone has such a hard on for the ss. all it is for the most part is looks and a few extra mods that still add up to very little. they dyno no more than any other trans am/ws6/z28/formula.

ill be back later, i have to go put some z06 emblems on my trans am.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                              sorry but LOL @ putting ss badges on a v6. maybe its just me, but id notice in less than .02 of a second.

ill never understand why everyone has such a hard on for the ss. all it is for the most part is looks and a few extra mods that still add up to very little. they dyno no more than any other trans am/ws6/z28/formula.

ill be back later, i have to go put some z06 emblems on my trans am.
                              Better yet, get some 3800 decals and put on the side of your trans am :)
                              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

ill put the 3800 decals next to my vtec: typeR emblems.

im also considering adding 2 more high rise spoilers to the stock one for extra hp gains.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                                Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X