so is it a z28???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so is it a z28???

so if later on lets say your engine dies and you put a ls1 and new 6 speed manual. would your car be considered a z28 or an imitation?

Re: so is it a z28???

no Just a v8 camaro with an almighty ls1..lol

Comment

badges make it into a Z28 clone, or keep the emblems off it and call it a V6 :)
      \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

well what if yoyu add the spoiler and the hood? then is it one?

Comment

no it will never be a z28 because in the title of ur car its still a v6 camaro and wen u get the engine its a v8 camaro not a z28!!

Comment

Originally posted by mobilelectronics
            well what if yoyu add the spoiler and the hood? then is it one?

Z28 hood and spoiler is the same on V6 and Z28

i think your thinking of an SS

but ya. VIN means everything

Comment

you can add the ls1 and ss parts but its still a plain jane camaro... just better then the rest. Thats like asking if its a corvette if you put the corvette engine in it.
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                you can add the ls1 and ss parts but its still a plain jane camaro... just better then the rest. Thats like asking if its a corvette if you put the corvette engine in it.

Yup Good Point///:tup:

Comment

z28 has some suspension mods too if im not mistaken, plus why not just buy a Z28 lol their cheap enough
                  1999 White Pontiac
                  A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

yup very true especially here in florida!!

Comment

Originally posted by tcrocker162000
                      z28 has some suspension mods too if im not mistaken, plus why not just buy a Z28 lol their cheap enough
                      for the price of a v6 + parts, engine, etc... = MORE than a z28

just find a z28 and be done with it. If money is an issure then find one that needs body work or has high miles and then use what money you would mod with to clean it up.
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

why worry about what you can call it? just because it isnt a "z28" doesnt mean anything, it can be to your advantage, no one will expect anything out of it till you run it, and by having a vin # say its a v6 you could get away with saving some money on insurance. the name doesnt mean anything, its the power that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6
                          by having a vin # say its a v6 you could get away with saving some money on insurance
                          Exactly what I was going to say. When getting insurance, they look the car up via VIN, so if you get insurance on a V8 converted Camaro, it's going to be the insurance cost of a V6 :D
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

yea but i dont want an imitation and i want all the ss look. plus i love the sport gold metallic color of my car. its super hard to find.

Comment

yeah its not a true z28, the VIN number is still that of a V6. but an LS1 swap would be nice, have all the power of a V8. sounds good to me :D

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X