Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Best Birthday Present

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
    I feel like I am taking crazy pills, because it seems like I am the only one this woudl bother?
    We hear and understand what your saying. Seriously if you had a aunt and uncle who were well off and offered to pay your car off for you, you would turn that down? You would seriously say I appreciate but I like putting 300 a month into this car, I know I could be spending this money on something better but I like paying for it on my own. In the end a title is a tiltle wether you pay for it or not so who cares. I know that with my current fincances if I had a relative hand me a chack I would accept it.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

So your aunt expects you to pay her back? thats even worse imo...
      wait, isnt paying her back being responsible and adult like?

granted she took it another direction, the original agreement was to pay her back AFTER college, she doesnt/didnt want my money during school no matter how well off i was. I think you also need to understand that at the time I bought the car I was not rolling in the cash and couldnt have afforded it. I only started to make a lot of money the year or so after I originally had gotten it.

Comment

with my history of argueing my points on this board I have won sevveral gold medals :)
        Quit being jealous and let it go. You made your point, who are you trying to convince? Off the record, I would have done the same thing, I mean, he was going to origionally pay her back anyways. Chill out, man. It's not your car or your position to *****.
        Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
          wait, isnt paying her back being responsible and adult like?

granted she took it another direction, the original agreement was to pay her back AFTER college, she doesnt/didnt want my money during school no matter how well off i was. I think you also need to understand that at the time I bought the car I was not rolling in the cash and couldnt have afforded it. I only started to make a lot of money the year or so after I originally had gotten it.

I understand not being able to afford it, but the moment you were able to, I think you should have paying for it.

but oh well dead horse being beaten.

Comment

I understand not being able to afford it, but the moment you were able to, I think you should have paying for it.

but oh well dead horse being beaten.
            again as i said she will not/would not accept payment.

Comment

Damn... This is still going on?
              Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

I'd like to make a suggestion:
                Pay her back. If she won't let you pay her back with cash, then I'd do (or get) something really nice for the both of them (aunt and uncle). 3 g's is a decent chunk of change. They probably have everything that they could possibly want, if they are well-to-do, but maybe you can think of something in the future. :) Or when you send the thank you card, you could send something else along with it.
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                  I'd like to make a suggestion:
                  Pay her back. If she won't let you pay her back with cash, then I'd do (or get) something really nice for the both of them (aunt and uncle). 3 g's is a decent chunk of change. They probably have everything that they could possibly want, if they are well-to-do, but maybe you can think of something in the future. :) Or when you send the thank you card, you could send something else along with it.
                  many steps ahead with that suggestion, but a very good one.

Comment

wow what did i start. send them a nice vack to disney world or mexico or something.

it was very nice of them.
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                      wow what did i start. send them a nice vack to disney world or mexico or something.

it was very nice of them.
                      damn Kristen always starting stuff... whats up wit dat!

Comment

Good to see your keeping both cars, thats a very generous gift!

Happy bday dan
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X