X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bret_xi:
    whats wrong with a cavalier? i know alot a people with those
    there so damn slow its ridiculous
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

I would strongly suggest against the 4.3 in a full size truck. I've owned one and it couldn't get out of it's own way.

In later model (99+) you can get a manual with the 4.8 V8, but AFIAK the 5.3 doesn't/didn't come with a manual. If you step up to the 2500 (3/4 ton) series you can get the 6.0 or the 8.1 with a manual.

One thing you'll find when you own a truck is you start to use it for a truck, and when you do that, you'll wan't the V8's power.

My need for a heavy-duty truck was non-existant 4 years ago and has since grown to the point that I went away from a 1/2 Ton V6 to a 3/4 Ton V8 and back to a 6 cyl. But it's a 6-wheeled 1-ton truck with the same 6 cyl engines you find in medium-duty trucks (like dump trucks, etc). I'm not saying you'll need a heavier truck in the future, but if you're going to keep it for a while, look ahead. 5 years from now you could be married with 2 kids looking at travel trailer campers thinking "I sure wish we had got the V8.... there's no way this 6'er will pull 5500lbs"

Good luck

-Mike

[ August 05, 2005, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: MTMike ]
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

2002 Silverado 1500 models are available with a 4.3-liter V6, 4.8-liter V8, or 5.3-liter V8. The 1500 HD Crew Cab and 2500 are powered by a 6.0-liter V8.

[img]smile.gif[/img] No 5.7 Vortec in 2002.

I'm buying myself a full-size truck this Spring so I can tow my car to the track and such. I need the power [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

nope...i checked our computers at work to make sure and there is no 5.7L. KBeezy's list is correct.

as for the caviliers, i dont give a **** if they are slow...they are cheap pieces of crap and thats all there is to it! you see them so much cause they are like a dime a dozen.

[ August 05, 2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: BLLDOGG ]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Buddy of mine races with me at the local track in the points and he has a Silverado SS runs 14.92 to 15.2 stock. I think his engine is a 6.0L
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

i love the lowend pull of the SS's :drool:

funny enough, i drove one today

Comment

well i dont know.. i just went and looked in the truck manual and 5.7 wasnt one of the listed engines.. but how would i tell what this truck has in it? the sticker on the door or somethin?
                1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

the emission sticker under the hood most likely on the plastic covering above the radiator/fan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X