X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bret_xi:
    whats wrong with a cavalier? i know alot a people with those
    there so damn slow its ridiculous
    Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

I would strongly suggest against the 4.3 in a full size truck. I've owned one and it couldn't get out of it's own way.

In later model (99+) you can get a manual with the 4.8 V8, but AFIAK the 5.3 doesn't/didn't come with a manual. If you step up to the 2500 (3/4 ton) series you can get the 6.0 or the 8.1 with a manual.

One thing you'll find when you own a truck is you start to use it for a truck, and when you do that, you'll wan't the V8's power.

My need for a heavy-duty truck was non-existant 4 years ago and has since grown to the point that I went away from a 1/2 Ton V6 to a 3/4 Ton V8 and back to a 6 cyl. But it's a 6-wheeled 1-ton truck with the same 6 cyl engines you find in medium-duty trucks (like dump trucks, etc). I'm not saying you'll need a heavier truck in the future, but if you're going to keep it for a while, look ahead. 5 years from now you could be married with 2 kids looking at travel trailer campers thinking "I sure wish we had got the V8.... there's no way this 6'er will pull 5500lbs"

Good luck

-Mike

[ August 05, 2005, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: MTMike ]
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

2002 Silverado 1500 models are available with a 4.3-liter V6, 4.8-liter V8, or 5.3-liter V8. The 1500 HD Crew Cab and 2500 are powered by a 6.0-liter V8.

[img]smile.gif[/img] No 5.7 Vortec in 2002.

I'm buying myself a full-size truck this Spring so I can tow my car to the track and such. I need the power [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

nope...i checked our computers at work to make sure and there is no 5.7L. KBeezy's list is correct.

as for the caviliers, i dont give a **** if they are slow...they are cheap pieces of crap and thats all there is to it! you see them so much cause they are like a dime a dozen.

[ August 05, 2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: BLLDOGG ]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Buddy of mine races with me at the local track in the points and he has a Silverado SS runs 14.92 to 15.2 stock. I think his engine is a 6.0L
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

i love the lowend pull of the SS's :drool:

funny enough, i drove one today

Comment

well i dont know.. i just went and looked in the truck manual and 5.7 wasnt one of the listed engines.. but how would i tell what this truck has in it? the sticker on the door or somethin?
                1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

the emission sticker under the hood most likely on the plastic covering above the radiator/fan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    1 day ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X