Chevy Silverado's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Silverado's

Can you still purchase a new Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra with a manual transmission? If not, when was the last year you could? My Firebird was paid off today, now I'm looking for a truck for a 2nd vehical. I'd like to pick up a mid 90's v6 Silverado 4x4.

[ August 02, 2005, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: kirk98 ]
    1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Uh yeah you can still get those...Just get a 97 or above with a 5.7L Vortec

Comment

I was just wondering because when I went to my local Chevy dealer there was no manual trucks there except for the Colorado's.
      1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Comment

Yeah I guess it's because everyone is lazy and doesn't want to shift. But yeah there should be some out there. I would also try autotrader.

Comment

yes you can but it seems like in your case, your going to need to special order it if they dont sell enough to stock manuals.

Originally posted by firebird4u99:
          Uh yeah you can still get those...Just get a 97 or above with a 5.7L Vortec
          it's a 5.3L/4.8L vortec
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

97 or was it 98 was the last year of the Vortec 5.7 -- HELL of a motor though!

PS, if you plan on towing your car with it ever - get an automatic. Trust me.
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

we have a 02 silverado and its a 5.7 vortec...
              1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

are you sure? hmmm.....i'll have to check the computer at work tommorrow

Comment

Why do you need a manual silverado? The autos do great
                  <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

ahh, my bad, its all the way to 1999 was the last yera of the 5.7 vortec. If your 02 has a Vortec 5.7 it sure as hell isn't stock [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by bret_xi:
                      we have a 02 silverado and its a 5.7 vortec...
                      ditto
                      Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

i'm pretty sure its a 5.7... is a 350 a 5.7 or less? i was talkin to one of my friends who has a older silverado and he put a new 350 in it and said it was a 5.7.. but i know for sure mine is a 350.. as far as i know its stock.. we bought it like last year
                        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

by the way, dont get a v6 truck. worst mistake anyone can make next to buying a cavilier

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                            by the way, dont get a v6 truck. worst mistake anyone can make next to buying a cavilier
                            hey now i drove a cavalier for a year
                            Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

whats wrong with a cavalier? i know alot a people with those

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X