No announcement yet.

JOBS in FL? I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and I live right on the coast and only was nicked by one :-p.
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by cassie:
      i'm a skirdy cat. I don't want to deal w/hurricanes
      don;t worry about hurricanes...

I have lived through around 5 or 6...

most noteable... hurricane andrew and the past season. I lived in ft. lauderdale near the dae county border, ~10 minute drive to the beach.

no majory damage to my house, cars or anything but it tore up our screen porch.

Hurricanes are pretty rare, and usually not that bad.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cassie:
        i'm a skirdy cat. I don't want to deal w/hurricanes
        don;t worry about hurricanes...

I have lived through around 5 or 6...

most noteable... hurricane andrew and the past season. I lived in ft. lauderdale near the dae county border, ~10 minute drive to the beach.

no majory damage to my house, cars or anything but it tore up our screen porch.

Hurricanes are pretty rare, and usually not that bad.
        </font>[/QUOTE]The media blows up things about 100x worse then they actually are. Unless you live right on the beach or in a mobil home, you really don't have much to worry about. Also, Tampa bay hasn't been directly hit by a hurricane in something like 60 or 70 years.

Also inland Florida = teh sticks. If you're gonna move here, I would stick to Jax, Tampa Bay area, Orlando or Miami. Everyplace else is pretty much backwoods redneck.

Something else, someone already said S Florida is expensive, I want to say the cost of living is probably 10-20k more then the Tampa area. I also think Orlando is a bit more expensive as well. I personally would recommend somwhere in the Tampa/St Petersburg area. There's a lot of things to do.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

try coral springs, nice place and not much ghetto stuff or anything like that. don't even think about miami.to many PIG LATINOS with no driver license and no idea about english.have you never been hit for one of them?,you know like
          LIVING LA VIDA LOCA.

Comment

living la vida loca.tara-tara tara ra- tara-tara-rara

[ January 03, 2005, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Ikaros ]

Comment

lol

My other problem is that we will be starting a family and I don't want to live in a beach city or college town
              Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

lol

My other problem is that we will be starting a family and I don't want to live in a beach city or college town
                UCf has a college town area... but don't worry, move to the other side and its not a college town.

Orlando is a big city with a college in it.... Gainesville is a college that happens to have a town around it... bit difference.

besides, college town is better, I used to be able to get alcohol underage from 15-18 in south florida more easily then from 18-21 in orlando. I always got carded so I had to get my friend to get me alcohol.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

lol

Why no beach city? The only towns that aren't backwood rednecks are the major cities, all of which are located near beaches.

BTW, Orlando is a huge tourist city.

One other thing, you're coming from a big city, you will not like living in a small podunk town. I lived in Brooksville for 6 months and it sucked so bad. The entire town shutdown at like 8PM. I used to think it would be great living in a small town in the middle of the country. NEVER AGAIN.

If the only reason you don't want to live in a coastal city is hurricanes, you need to stop buying into the media hype right now. Storm surge is what does most of the damage, and that only affects maybe a mile or two inland at the most. Wind comes in second, and if you live farther inland, and have a house that has been built to code, you don't have anything to worry about. I've been through several tropical events, and they aren't bad. Besides, they are HUGE. Frances affected most of the state. The county that had the most damage this year, was NOT a costal county, it was Polk county which is smack in the center of the state between Tampa and Orlando.

Also, something else to keep in mind, Florida is one of the cheapest places to live in the country. The median income is only ~30k-40k So what you think is really cheap, remember you will be making less money.

Here's a cost of living calculator.
                  http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/salcalc.html

[ January 03, 2005, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                    IF you guys are poor, you can live in the ghetto apartments on my side of town(East Orlando, near UCF)

They are decent apartments for the area for the price, but they are income restricted, so people can get a little ghetto.

me and my girl pay $685 for 2 bed 2 bath,(all bills we pay ~$410-440 depending on our power, water and cellphone bills) You might be able to find cheaper for a 2 bed, one bath or something.

But you cannot make to much money to move in here, or both be students. We got lucky because my girlfriend graduated, we moved in, then she went back for a 2nd degree.

But we are moving out in like june or july forgot when our lease ends.
                    Damn, those are ghetto prices for you guys? we pay $705 a month for a 1005 square feet 2 bedroom/2 bath with a fireplace and a large balcony. you can get a small 2 bedroom around here for like $500. A-town is poor poor though ;) no jobs or anything. We gotta move to a 3 bedroom soon so i need to find a house and a better job :(
                    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Thanks for the info camaro_speedemon.

Comment

Cassie,

I've got quite a bit of info that you and your husband may find useful. I'll email you later.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I sent you a rather long email Cassie, be sure to check that.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
                          1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
                          1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

thanks

Comment

I don't know if you're interested, but there are five air force bases in Florida. Fort Walton Beach has two, Tampa has one, Panama City has one, and there's a reserve base in the keys. They're always looking for cilivian employees, so if it sounds like something that you're interested in, you can look into that.

You can go here to see if there are any open postions. Don't know if that will help you, but it's all I have, since I moved away from Florida
                              2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Theres no place in the panhandle that would suit you unless you consider the Fort Walton area like he ^ said. The only other signs of life would be Panama City (isn't much there except beaches and tourists) or here in Tallahassee, which has 65,000+ college kids.
                                - <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics2/camaro2.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">White \'99 V6 Camaro</a> (M5, 3.23s)<br />- 3\" Borla Exaust, RK Sport Induction Lid, Fast Toys Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, !Silencer, !MAF Screen, B&M Short shifter, Manual Fan Switch, 160° Hypertech Powerstat, BMR Boxed LCAs(rubber/poly), BMR STB<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=386884&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">*My Cardomain Website*</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X