JOBS in FL? I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOBS in FL? I need help

Hey I was just posting b/c I need some advice from anyone in Florida. My husband has recently lost his job and he and I are contemplating SERIOUSLY a move to Florida. We would like to stay in the upper-pan handle area or near orlando. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where he should work? Like, what is the job market like......he has a degree in Electronics Engineering but would prefer to work in sales.....retail or otherwise. Also does anyone have a suggestion on where we should live........I'm totally clueless and if anyone has any answers or suggestions, I'd love to know. Our lease here is up March 31, 2005, so we would like to move mid-late march. Please email me @ cassiec01@gmail.com if you have any suggestions/advice. Thanks a lot [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

come to orlando, we'll take care fo you. ;)
    94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

The miami area is not a good place to move if you're unemployed. It's really expensive to live down here.
      2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
      Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Dang are all the v6 women moving to Orlando? Stephademic, now Cassie?

Orlando is a big area... I woudl trust it more then the panhandle area, FL can get pretty podunk and redneck in some areas, try sticking to the bigger cities. Not sure whats up for his degree, but lots of tourism in Orlando area, check online for the theme parks, and tourist stuff, maybe something for an electrical engineer.

Like said, miami area can get pricey, same with some of the coastal areas.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

cool. Yeah well I just found out that my sister-in-law's boyfriend may be moving to Orlando too and taking them with him! So I think either way we are going to focus on the Orlando area. There is tons of opportunity for me (I do hair and nails) and I'm sure Keith can find a job too. Right now we're looking for apartments, and I am very pleased to find a TON of affordable 2 bedroom options. I don't think Keith is going to start to SERIOUSLY look for a job down there until the end of this month that way we'd be able to move within a month and a half.

I'm excited!

Comment

IF you guys are poor, you can live in the ghetto apartments on my side of town(East Orlando, near UCF)

They are decent apartments for the area for the price, but they are income restricted, so people can get a little ghetto.

me and my girl pay $685 for 2 bed 2 bath,(all bills we pay ~$410-440 depending on our power, water and cellphone bills) You might be able to find cheaper for a 2 bed, one bath or something.

But you cannot make to much money to move in here, or both be students. We got lucky because my girlfriend graduated, we moved in, then she went back for a 2nd degree.

But we are moving out in like june or july forgot when our lease ends.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

lol thanks shenanigans but I'm movin' out of the ghetto now....lol

Most 2bdrms we are looking at around around $675 but are pretty sweet, that seems to be teh going rate down there. According to forrent.com and apartments.com

Im excited

Comment

Might also want to consider Jacksonville if you're looking for something in retail. All kinds of retail-type jobs around Freakville as long as you don't mind the most unpredictable traffic in the world.
                -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I considered Jacksonville, however I don't think we want to be that close to the ocean :-/

Comment

Why do you want to be inland?
                    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

i'm a skirdy cat. I don't want to deal w/hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by cassie:
                        Considered Tampa? I like it here versus any other city I've been to in Florida. orlando is nice, but to expensive for what you get.
                        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

I've lived in Florida for 21 years and this year was the first time I've ever gotten hit. Although we did get about $10K in damage, and my car is scratched from flying shingles. Still, though, it was pretty cool. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Matt
                          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/central/H...canes18x22.pdf

Being on the coast doesn't mean you'll be getting hurricanes. Anywhere in Florida you're going to get them, and they're really not too bad. I believe Orlando was hit by all 3.

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Skapimp:
                              I believe Orlando was hit by all 3.
                              We got pwn3d by the hurricanes. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                              Matt
                              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X