Calling all high mileage cars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all high mileage cars!!!

197K on original engine and tranny. T-5 and suspension starting to give out, but other than that it's all good.

John
    White 1998 Firebird M5, Suncoast WS6 hood, Chrome 18\" C5\'s, beaver tail wing, 2 15\" Kicker Comp VR\'s, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by rhouse21
      I'm on a quest to find other high mileage f-body owners. Chime in and prove that Hondas and Toyotas aren't the only cars out there that can run forever, except ours do it while making real power. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] Also take a moment to brag about any engine mods that have stood the test of time.

I've got a little over 202,000 miles right now on a pretty stock engine. In that time I've gone through a transmission, driveshaft, radiator, water pump, heater core, 3 alternators, 2 tensioner pullies, tie-rod ends, and a set of rear bearings. The engine is still strong as ever, though. [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

How about you guys?

114,000 +. We just repaired the A/C. By ourselves may I add. It works like new. We also changed some spark plug coils which is nothing major. My tranny works fine. The '96 3.8 runs like a gem. :)
      Leonard
      www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
      sigpic

Comment

150xxx and still runs amazing
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Well, I’m really happy to see so many other high mileage f-body owners out there who still love their rides as much as I do. I just broke 211,000 a little while ago and should be pushing through 212K soon.

I think I've replaced nearly every accessory in my engine compartment at least once. Still, the engine itself has proven nearly bulletproof and still pulls like it's brand new. According to my G-Tech, I'm getting ~160-165 rwhp (give or take a bit) with my bone stock engine, but I think that a new cat may be in my near future, which will probably give me a few more ponies. (I found out that I'd been leaking coolant into the engine though the upper manifold gasket for more than a 100,000 mile and I suspect it's been slowly gunking up the stock converter and the reason that I just barely passed my last emissions test.)

I've used Mobil 1 since the first oil change, but just switched to the extended life blend last year. It feels good to only have to worry about Oil changes once a year and have 'em cost ~$35 at the local Wal-Mart. (Screw you jiffy Lube!!)

The funny thing about a high mileage car is that they all develop their own special personalities. Some grow to bug the hell out of you over time, but I can honestly say that I'm even happier with my Camaro now than when I drove it off the lot with 28 miles on it 10 years ago. The way I see it, as long as the little annoyances cost less than a new car payment and I can add on a new electronic toy every now an again (a hard-wired nav system may be coming one of these days), I'll probably still to be just as happy for a long while.

...and I can still get over 30 mph on the highway.
          1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

139k on LS1 and going strong!
            90k on my v6 and still going good
            99 WS6
            13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
            tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

this thread is about like some of these cars...it just won't die!...but i'll still contribute to the museum...

+150,000 miles on mine...haven't replaced a thing in the engine bay with the exception of sparkplugs/wires, blaster coils, CAI, and the 180 thermo. nothing else but a catback exhaust. engine still runs great...after 13 years and more than 150k miles...very happy with it.
              Last edited by Heartbeat_of_94; 01-10-2007, 10:47 AM.
              1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

mines almost to 167k. not bad for a 95 3.4.

i dont think anything major has been replaced, amazing considering its been owned by 3 kids.

only thing that has broken so far is the belt tensioner. and the cat went bad.

the engine is making a ticking/tapping noise now. most likely brought on by its hard life and seeming lack of maintenence by the previous owners. leaks a little oil and coolant rarely.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

190k on 97 3.8
                  Makes some noises in the morn, but still runs great!

LONG LIVE THE THREAD!
                  1997 Camaro RS<br />Home Brew CAI

Comment

Mine was the anniversary edition.
                    It reached 32k miles before I rebuilt it.
                    Of course I've replaced things that are normal maintanence things (o2s, plugs, wires, coils, etc) ...I will not list the things I've had to replace due to my own fault (bad AFRs and such) Guess the window motors could be a little more water resistant.

Only thing I have had to replace was the starter.
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                      Only thing I have had to replace was the starter.
                      That's about the only thing I haven't replaced yet... but I'm not complaining. ;-)
                      1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

dead thread

Comment

Dead? Not anymore. Picked up a '96 3 weeks ago with 195.5K. Seems like the bottom end was replaced at some point. Performed standard maintenance, plugs/coils/timing/etc... It runs strong, I've put over 600 miles on it already. Shocks busted and intake/throttle carboned. That's all my mechanic has found with it.

Comment

This thread is like jesus... it just won't stay dead.

Comment

its rasputin

Anyways my car has high mileage.... about 1.2k (1200 miles) on the engine
                              and about 33k on the car.
                              It reallly seems like I've driven the engine more than that....
                              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i got 135k, got it at 106.... only thing ive replaced since is brakes, two radiator hoses, plugs/wires, belt, and water pump..... i do need one new coil pack, it misfires on rainy days, guess its got a leak, and then i need some new shocks, mine are pretty worn out.... other than that I consider myself pretty lucky w/ that many miles...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X