Calling all high mileage cars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all high mileage cars!!!

190K. 27mpg avg with my often hard driving.
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

204,000+
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

not that high 115k water pump tensioner assy. and torq control arm bushing other than reg maint. my 83 t-birds got 345k on 3.8 though haha to you ford haters:banana:

Comment

222,000 on the 3.8 motor.
          Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by homedog119
            I was watching ferris buelers day off and the ferrari that he had the spedometer only had 3 digits like it would roll over after 999 miles anyone else notice this

You sure it wasnt a tripometer?

hey all u guys with 200K+ miles on ur car...how do u do at the track?

Comment

bought at 151,000 :( but it looks like its been through a tranny, alternator, and water pump... needs wheel bearings right now. all of the plastic connectors on the wiring wont stay together (the power window motor wiring falls off then i have to take the panel off and stick my finger in this hole that someone drilled and push it back on.)

motor still pulls hard... but pussy's out after 4500 rpm (just a 3.4 thing) getting 22 mpg on a hard tank, 27 on a highway tank.

Comment

Coming up on 160,000...

Car has been babied. Mom drove it for 10 years now its mine. Only thing thats been replaced is 2 heater cores, and 2 alternators. The computer had to be replaced as well.
                1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Comment

132,000 miles and running strong.
                  Last edited by nascar24jd; 11-02-2006, 07:20 PM.

Comment

1,372,586,398,837,956,201,348,239.39475938462820 I do a lot of driving
                    Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS

If mine was that used, I dont think I would take it to the track.
                      I'd have to rebuild it first
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                        I was told to use 15w-40 diesel with zinc additive (after inital break-in) for the first 4K miles (1K and then 3k).
                        I asked my friend about that and he said its a great idea... and he told me alot more than I could comprehend lol
                        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS

im almost positive watch ferris buelers day off, i only saw one thing idk i could be wrong ill have to watch it again now

Comment

130k, and only minor stuff. Non Y87 and pulls high 15s. No complains for a daily driver that sees 60+ miles a day.
                            Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

My 98 is just shy of 200k. I have about 10k to 15k on the new motor. Old motor ran very strong and only burned a half quart of oil between changes. I got an excellent deal on a complete longblock so I swapped it. I am the original owner of the car. Ordered in January of 98 and took delivery on May 6th. I hit 100k miles in 38 months. Then off to college I went, so the pace I was racking up the mileage really went down. Now, I have my Z28 so the V6 only sees winter duty.

Basically in the 180 or so thousand miles on the original motor I went through...
                              Motor got hydrolocked once, no damage though, change fluids and headgaskets.
                              Also blew a set of headgaskets with about 34k on the motor.
                              1 alternator and one belt.
                              3 batteries
                              1 set of front rotors and pads. Back rotors and pads are still original!!
                              3 transmissions...2 under warranty.
                              4 rear ends
                              snapped the two piece driveshaft
                              rubber tranny mount...literally looked like swiss cheese after ~180k miles
                              car is on its 4th set of tires
                              3 clutches
                              1 set of rear shocks...fronts are still stock original!! Need changed bad.
                              1 BCM? Whatever the little computer box under the dash is.
                              rear bumper and right rear quarter panel..car had about 10k on it when someone backed into it.
                              5 or 6 ignition coils and 2 Ignition Control Modules.
                              One set of spark plugs and wires
                              several fuel filters
                              car has been airborn through a ditch, no damage whatsoever
                              been on two wheels on one occasion, not so fun at 40mph.
                              still running stock fuel pump and the stock 180k water pump was running strong on old motor.

All in all, the car has taken a serious beating with very few issues to deal with. Basically change the oil regularly and keep the fuel system clean and the motor seemingly will run forever.

Comment

almost 170K here. not sure what previous 2 owners replaced but ive put 4 new tires, water pump, and alternator in the two years ive been driving it after i had it for 4 days and had a wreck.
                                1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X