Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Buy installation

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
    So I got it installed earlier. I put it in at noon, came back at 3 after work and they said it'd be a while longer so I just hung out, around 6 they wanted to take a lunch I said alright, they came back 6:35 and finished at 7:15. Overall I was pretty pleased. Foe the most part. They showed me some features etc.

I got home, tried showing it off and remote start had error saying hood was open. It wasn't open. I forgot about it. Tried opening trunk and it didn't do anything. Taking it back to them tomorrow to say the least...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    It's times like that I'm glad I'm an electrician. 7 hours for a 2 hour install is absurd, not to mention **** didn't work. Best Buy is a joke, warranty or not
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Yeah. I installed the same system but the Python version in a buddies car but it took me a while since it was my first time and I didn't want to risk it on mine. Ha.

Comment

I had to take mine back once so they could fix a minor problem. Which they fixed and its been perfect since then.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I got home, tried showing it off and remote start had error saying hood was open. It wasn't open.
          Did they install the button-type hood pin switch that comes in the box or the style that mounts to the hood and physically bends when the hood is closed? The ladder is the style they told me has much less problems, and is the one that required at least monthly adjusting while my button style frame-mounted pin switch in the Camaro never had a related problem in the 3+ years it's been on there. If you don't have the button style, make them put it on, it's so much less hassle.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

It is actually a tilt type... from the looks of it it has a ball bearing in it. An I bet that is why remote start was saying hood was open because I was parked in the drive way.

Comment

Called Best Buy and they said bring it back in an hour.

Comment

Sounds like the one they put on my Buick. When you close the hood, it tilts downward and opens the circuit. Closes the circuit when it hits something under the hood to flatten it out. Total piece of crap. I say have them put the button style on. Much more reliable.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Well that is just stupid... they made me pay $30+ for it. It was labeled as tilt sensor not this s***... I park on a driveway at night so almost $700 down the drain.. I think not. I'm going to complain.

Comment

Just went over there. He said all of the issues I had was because of the hood sensor. He bent it down a little bit and all features work again.

Comment

I never had the hood pin connected didn't see any point to it. Just the hatch and doors.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just went over there. He said all of the issues I had was because of the hood sensor. He bent it down a little bit and all features work again.

This is exactly the adjustment that had to be made on my car on a monthly basis. I really would suggest you get your $30 back and have them put the standard switch on. It's a pain in the butt when you want to remote start your car on a 5 degree morning and instead you get to go out to your car, pop your hood, adjust the switch, close it, and freeze yourself just to keep the car locked while it warms up.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Haha. What would I say though? How would I just say that I want it taken out and a different one put in?

Comment

Don't mean to be rude here, but I warned you that they would try to talk you in to a different style switch vs. the one in the box, and that that style is a POS. It's not really my problem that you ignored my advice. The fact that they up-charged you is ridiculous. They put it on my car without my knowledge until it had constant issues. If it were me, I would demand my up-charge money back and that they put regular button-style on the car. Tell them you've talked to people with remote start systems and they say the tilt style switch is problematic. No amount of adjusting permanently fixed my stupid tilt switch.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                              Don't mean to be rude here, but I warned you that they would try to talk you in to a different style switch vs. the one in the box, and that that style is a POS. It's not really my problem that you ignored my advice. The fact that they up-charged you is ridiculous. They put it on my car without my knowledge until it had constant issues. If it were me, I would demand my up-charge money back and that they put regular button-style on the car. Tell them you've talked to people with remote start systems and they say the tilt style switch is problematic. No amount of adjusting permanently fixed my stupid tilt switch.
                              You gave me the warning after I purchased and installed it.. I never said it was your problem or that I was ignoring you. And I appreciate your help but it isn't like they said hey we'll use this instead of this. They said it was mandatory for me to buy. They didn't even list the things I was buying. The label was "tilt switch." Nothing more.

Comment

I mentioned it in my first post, but maybe it wasn't clear exactly what I was talking about.

Did they give you the original box? The fact that the original box had the button style switch still in it was the reason I asked and found out they used a different hood trigger switch. Maybe you'll have better luck with yours, though you're off to the same start I had. I went to use the remote start for the first time at home and the hood trigger wasn't working, just like you said. Good luck.
                                sigpic
                                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X