No announcement yet.

Best Buy installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, anyone might be able to answer this but do they do any type of pre-inspection? Like a walk around of the car to compare if there is a dispute over damages?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Best Buy installation

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
      Also, anyone might be able to answer this but do they do any type of pre-inspection? Like a walk around of the car to compare if there is a dispute over damages?

Yes they go over the car for any damage, your taking it to the same place I got mine done. Best buy in Surprise.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Oh awesome. Was it with Sarn?

Comment

I don't know but he did have a strange name.lol He was a younger kid I remember.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah Sarn is some I think Chinese, late 20-yr old looking guy with an odd hair-do. Haha.

Comment

has anybody tried soldering these kits in? i have an autopage systems with remote start and installed it with t-taps. the wires were to big for even the yellow t-taps in my experience and... i ended up soldering the connections recently and it was the biggest paint in the butt. i was using a benzomatic butane soldering iron, which normally works amazining. but those wires)car side) just dont like to heat up... just curious if anybody had a similiar situation or advice, if it ever comes loose.

Comment

I think the ones in the car have a coating. Some of them anyway. I know when on my GTP I wanted to extend the O2 sensor wire there was a silvery coating on the copper wire itself that didn't allow me to solder to it. It would fall right off. Maybe that is the case here. Don't mark my words though. They claim to solder them at Best Buy but I don't know if I believe them fully.

Comment

Thay soldered mine, pretty sure seeing it when I was messing with my fuel preesure gauge.

Comment

We always used butt-connectors
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I guess we will see on Sunday!

Comment

Don't be surprised if it takes them all day.

Comment

Well they said noon to four o clock. As long as I get my car back same day I don't care. The girlfriend is gone all day so I'm gonna go and watch him after 3 when I get off work. Haha.

Comment

I have 2 friends that had stuff put in at the local Best Buy, and both their cars had big problems shortly after. My buddy Jesse had 2 P2s, a Kenwood amp, and an Alpine hu installed among a few other things in his 03 Eclipse, and his wiring harness burned up. And my friend Chris had some Alpine speakers put in the doors and back seat area of his 95 Jetta and his car caught fire, melted the whole dash.
                            Last edited by espey_16; 02-23-2012, 09:36 PM.
                            1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                            L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

They have lifetime warranty on product and install. I will just hope that doesn't happen regardless. ;)

Comment

So I got it installed earlier. I put it in at noon, came back at 3 after work and they said it'd be a while longer so I just hung out, around 6 they wanted to take a lunch I said alright, they came back 6:35 and finished at 7:15. Overall I was pretty pleased. Foe the most part. They showed me some features etc.

I got home, tried showing it off and remote start had error saying hood was open. It wasn't open. I forgot about it. Tried opening trunk and it didn't do anything. Taking it back to them tomorrow to say the least...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X