Adding a few cylinders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding a few cylinders...

THE HEADERS ARE COMING ON FRIDAY. Thank God. I was about to go ballistic on that dude's a$s.

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
      THE HEADERS ARE COMING ON FRIDAY. Thank God. I was about to go ballistic on that dude's a$s.
      Congratulations!!!!!! You WIN!!!!! Gayest post of the day, for your tirade about dude's asses..... We appreciate your honesty, and are glad you feel safe enough to come out of the closet!
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I agree on changing out that clutch. And your going to HATE that master cyl! I know I do! Go Tick <
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Today's progress:

- Drilled clutch master cylinder holes
          - Mounted clutch master cylinder/installed pedals
          - Took brakes off 3.8 k-member and put them on LS1 k-member
          - Put new tie rod ends on k-member, old ones were totally shot
          - Took my amp and sub out so I can put it in the boat for the weekend

Still need to do:

- Drop gas tank/old fuel line
          - Put T/A tank and lines in
          - Power wash engine/tranny/k-member/engine bay
          - Install LS7 clutch
          - Put solid motor mounts on when putting engine back on k-member
          - Put headers on/new spark plugs
          - Put engine/tranny back in and put everything back together
          - Rewire shift selector so everything works like it's supposed to

Here's a picture of the pedals in all their glory

Comment

Why solid engine mounts? Isn't this gonna be your daily driver?
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Not for the next year. I'll hardly drive it. I've read good things about both poly and solid. But I just went with solids, no real reason. Yeah, there might be a little more vibration than polys but I'm ok with that.

Comment

LS7 clutch, really? Never knew you could do that... I take it something has to be done to the Flywheel?
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah you gotta get the LS2 flywheel. I'm getting a clutch kit which consists of the clutch, flywheel, flywheel bolts, and pressure plate and bolts. Also ordered a new slave cylinder, new pilot bearing, and alignment tool.

I've read where the LS7 clutch feels like stock but can take a lot more and lots of people recommended it so I said ok I'll do that.

Comment

Would you mind telling me where youre buying that kit? Have you read threads on this or do you have something going on over on LS1tech?

I know I need a clutch soon (all of it including hydrolics LOL).
                    sigpic

Comment

I got all of that for $645 from Kentucky Speed. There are other places that had the kit for like $30 cheaper but they never got back to answering my questions and they probably didn't have free shipping (KY Speed does).

As far as threads, I just search a LOT on 'Tech. Go to the manual tranny section and search LS7 clutch kit or something. I also read a few threads where people would ask what the best clutch for their set up was and there would be a few people chiming in about the LS7 clutch. That or the monster clutches. But I don't have $900 to put into my future bolt-on bird that won't dyno over 375.

Comment

Cool swap bro, and off topic but where are you going to college?

Comment

Not Mizzou, although I've got a lot of friends that are heading that way. I'll be on my way to Missouri U of Science and Technology (Rolla) August 14.

Comment

im soooo damn jealous. i want a ta so bad...my bird just isnt the same as it used to be.
                            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Got the water pump on tonight. Headers came also. The clutch should be coming Tuesday. Pictures of the headers, they look amazing.

Comment

Looking good , I love those headers, look sweet.
                                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X