This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikos95:
    I run two companies, I build and design custom automotive audio/video systems, and I build computers, I also do some back end web programming on contracts. Just been lucky, I am in the right city, and have a good base of people to do work for. I can make $2000 off a single stereo system that takes me a total of 8-10 hours to design, sell, install, and tune. $10,000+ stereo systems around here are not that rare, and very thankfull for it am I!

I know I am talking about some insane stuff, but its not stuff that hasn't been done... Granted its what very few people have done. I don't plan on it being simple or cheap by any means.. But as long as I can hang in to beat him factory, lol it really wouldn't even be worth the amount of work. But it can be done, I really want to build it more towards autocross. Who knows what I'll end up doing, next week I'll want to put 3.8 in it, week after a 4.3 and after that I'll get an idea and want to put a new 5.3 in it... I really have to get on one idea, and stay solid with it, or nothing will get done, or I will end up re-doing everything.
    Sooo.... If you're making 72k/year why don't you just buy a C6 Z06. I'm sorry, I don't believe you at all.

I'm sorry man, I'm calling [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] My friend owns a very sucessfull car audio shop and I don't think he even makes that much money.

Hell, I run my own production company and am just into year 2 and I have yet to turn a profit.

Edit: Ok, now you're full of sh*t I re-read your post. I have BUILT a show quality van. I know what it takes, and how long it takes to build. It took us a week with 5 people to build and install the audio system working 4-5 hrs a day.

That wasn't fiberglassing anything either. We just used tweed and wood.

[ March 17, 2006, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Full show vehicles take alot longer than a few hours, I am more or less talking about a system that runs $3,000-$5,000 in components, decent amount of sound dampening, alternator, batteries the basics here of a heavy hitting street system. They are popular, very, infact too popular, people buy 2 lets say Alpine MRD M1000's a cap, some cable and 2 hrm for the hell of it Kicker L7 15's and all they want is the bass... Kids stuff but if thats what they want and they pay for it I don't care.. That right there would give me around $1500 profit on equipment alone, thats before install, and what ever minor amounts of custom install they feel like paying for, which is generally limited.

My Iroc with no fiberglass bs, just wood and a little plexi took me probably close to a total of 30 days at around 8-10 hours a day. I know serious showmanship style work requires much more work and planning.
      1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

i just got back from work and had a similar kill. 97/98 mustang gt went at it he tried to pass me and i just put about 1-1.5 cars on him till i shut down at 90
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

OT.
          Past Ride
          1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
          (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
          2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X