Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
    I'd take an 03 Mustang over an 03 Fbody anyday. :D
    you call me an idiot, when you drive a 2003 Fbody. Some people just need to stand in front of trucks....

Comment

Further proof the z06 is a monster...

"
      Hi Guys,

Here are the latest dyno numbers for our latest Cam test. We took the already good cam that we had for the Z06 and changed it up some to come up with the following results.

546.6 rwhp 505.7 rwtq with LG Cam and LG Pro Long Tube headers WITH CATS.

We are working on our Final specs for our G7X-2 cam for the new Z06. And this looks like where we will stop for the X-2 cam. then on to the G7X-3 amd upward.

Of course we are using our LG Pro Long Tube headers which are still the standard of the Corvette market. And these numbers are WITH CATS.

We also use fully welded Merge collectors to avoid air leaks when slip on collectors are welded on. Slip on collectors will leak in the 30% of tubing that can not be welded. This will fool your 02 sensors with air infiltration, so we supply our headers with fully 360 degree welded Merge collectors.

We are still without tuning for a couple more weeks but that should just help to clean up the numbers and help the final results even more.

The graph has before numbers are from our 540rwhp 489rwtq cam. Our goal was to exceed 500 rear wheel torque, and you can see that we did easily. in the process we picked up another 25 ft pounds of rear wheel torque at 2800 rpms and 6 more rwhp.

This is also with the same "air filter mod" which means that the stock filter is removed for now until we get a good Cold Air induction for the Z06.

Also remember that this car dynoed stock at 443rwhp so we are at over a 100 hp gain.

thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
      "

Headers and Cam UNTUNED ...so badly tuned it idled at 650rpms but smooth. 546rwhp...KBeezy....KB cobras with bolt ons are barely hitting 600 and that would probably just hang with that vette...look at the weight difference alone.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71...X-2newdyno.jpg

ATLEAST 15 guys on SVT performance said the z06 is gonna be hard to beat, people with KB cobras putting down 550+rwhp admit that the z06 would take them from a dig....thats UNTUNED with just headers and a cam...think about being sprayed, let alone adding boost.

-Chad
      \'98 Camaro

Comment

uhm. Chad, nobody is arguing against the C6Z06.. Having fun debating with yourself?

We're talking L-S-O-N-E... Figured I'd spell it out for you.

Now find me a WS6, LS1, for $8500 -- that you are not going to have to put money in to for repairs. Your market is going to be 1998 cars with 110k+ on them. And 98 LS1s are not the desireable motors anyways ;) But thats not the point either.

We're talking MOTORS, not CARS.

Its not Fords fault their limited-production cars with hand built motors hold their value. You get a lot more bang for your buck with it. And on top of that, 390hp rating is severely underrated. A lot like the SRT4..
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

you guys whine so much, some one should lock this topic.... it doesnt even belong in this section anymore.

Comment

It's funny you feel compelled to still make comments 1NotSo...

Thanks for the laughs kids, it was great entertainment at the end of shift. ;)
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
              uhm. Chad, nobody is arguing against the C6Z06.. Having fun debating with yourself?

We're talking L-S-O-N-E... Figured I'd spell it out for you.

Now find me a WS6, LS1, for $8500 -- that you are not going to have to put money in to for repairs. Your market is going to be 1998 cars with 110k+ on them. And 98 LS1s are not the desireable motors anyways ;) But thats not the point either.

We're talking MOTORS, not CARS.

Its not Fords fault their limited-production cars with hand built motors hold their value. You get a lot more bang for your buck with it. And on top of that, 390hp rating is severely underrated. A lot like the SRT4..
              R-E-A-D H-A-R-R-I-S-O-N-'-S P-O-S-T ...just figured id spell it out for you.

9000$ LS1
              http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192496936&dealer_id=57191925&car_ye ar=1998&search_type=both&make=PONT&distance=100&mo del=TRANSAM&address=48195&certified=&advanced=&max _pri ce=9000&bkms=1136463344220&min_price=1&end_year=20 06&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=36
              Certainly less then 120k and ive seen the car in person cause I was leaning towards buying it, runs very very nice...looks mean. So there you go...9000$, that leaves what...13,500$ give or take a little left over to mod? I dont think that cobra would keep up so good.

Rregaurdless, yes if we are going stock for stock from the factory the 03 cobra will beat a WS6&lt;ss etc, but you can just compare older years, why not throw the C6 z06 in there? Thats right, because you and I both know that thing is going to stomp on cobras, GT's,Vipers, alllllll day.
              \'98 Camaro

Comment

Why buy an LS1 or a Cobra when you can build and 5.0 and destroy both of them for a lot less. Same with a big block or a small block Chevy?

Arguing about going faster for money is retarded. You can go buy a 8 second car for $25K-$30K...so there.

Think about it.
                2003 Lightning 12.618@112.80<br />1996 Camaro Z28 11.751@115.96 MPH soon stupid fast!<br />1999 Mustang V6 15.36@90.92 MPH<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/jmaxnakron/\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro Z28</a> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/jmaxnakron/Melissa_V6_Mustang\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Mustang V6</a> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/jmaxnakron/Ford_svt_lightning\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Lightning</a>

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                  Thanks for joining in with the conversation. Entry level price of $65,000... None will leave the dealership for less than $70,000 because just about all Z06s being built this year have already been accounted for and have either had down-payments or been paid for in full way above sticker.

I don't see how you can claim an LS1 to own a terminator motor for less money, not including the cost of the car. Kenne Bell, exhaust work, small tranny upgrades (Clutch/shifter just for durability.. not required)... Unless the LS1 is a h/c/dope car it wont keep up. Period.
                  I honestly have to agree... 03 / 04 Cobra wake up to tuning, pullies, mild boltons like no other!!! A pully alone already plain blows the competetion away. Intake and Exhaust, a Boosted Motor LOVES IT. Don't get me started with Tuning after all of the above mods have been mentioned. It's easily pushing 450 - 500 RWHP and it's still just getting started... I'm sorry but Price for Price and Mod for Mod, the 03 / 04 Cobra is a winner unless you Boost the LS1 which will cost ya a bit.
                  1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Originally posted by 1NotSoBadAssBird:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                    I'd take an 03 Mustang over an 03 Fbody anyday. :D
                    you call me an idiot, when you drive a 2003 Fbody. Some people just need to stand in front of trucks.... </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] WTF are you talking about. They never made an 03 Fbody you turd.

But I assume you ment to say Mustang. You have to bash me now because of the car I drive, because you can't argue against my point.

BTW, I'll take any 99+ GT over a V6 fbody anyday. This is coming from a former V6 fbody owner. I get the same gas milage, insurance is cheaper, and I run a second faster in the 1/4 mile.
                    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X