Beat a GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat a GT

ok, so about a month ago i am sittin in the wal-mart parking lot after cuttin some donuts... a stock 95 GT Stang' and starts talkin crap about how i need to "get a real car with a v8" and all this crap... well, i told him if he wants to talk then lets go race... so, after about 10 min of tryin to talk him into it he goes... we go off on a side street and he counts it off... three honks... we are gone... he takes about a car length on me then i het 2nd gear *power shifting* and when i do i jump up beside him...we run side by side then i hit 3rd and jump far enough to pull in front of him!! next thing i know i look behind me and he had turned around and headed the other direction!! Guess he was embassed that "a lil' ole V6" took him down!!

Hate to alert that GT driver but I wouldn't consider a 94-98 GTs a real V8 kinda car.
    \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

those are easy kills but good kill
      Red 1998 Camaro 3.8<br />K&N and Home Depot<br />2 12\" JL W3v2 Subwoofers<br />-more audio stuff to come-

Comment

I like them but stock they suck nuts. My focus can keep up with the autos very easily (stock focus), and by this spring, we shall see about the 5 speeds.

But, they do respond well to intake, cam, headers, exhaust and a computer reprogram.

I'll bet if one wanted to build one, it wouldn't be that hard to get mid 13s NA.
        2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

nice kill

that guy needs to realize yah its a v8 but the most bargain basement one. its a great place to start since u have a 8 for a pretty good price but stock they suck pretty bad.
          -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

a friend of mine has a audi tt not even the 225 hp one. he has the 180 hp one and i think he had exhaust at the time and he beat one on the highway from a roll. so even a 4 can hang with em.
            JpX

Comment

I live my life to spank mustangs, how ever the new ones pack a punch. But think about it, it took ford nearly 45 years to finally make a mustang that can keep up with stock LS1, not even faster yet. But keep it up ford, by 2030 you may have a mustang that can beat a Camaro Z28

Comment

Uh. 03/04 Cobra &gt; LS1

New Mustang SVT Shelby &gt; F-Bodies & 'Vette

03/04 Mach 1 &gt; or = LS1

Learn before you talk trash ;)
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

oh please not another internet fan war
                  -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Yeah kbeezy but an '04 Cobra cost way more new than an '02 Z28. Gt vs. LS1: Ls1 wins.
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                      Uh. 03/04 Cobra &gt; LS1

New Mustang SVT Shelby &gt; F-Bodies & 'Vette

03/04 Mach 1 &gt; or = LS1

Learn before you talk trash ;)
                      03/04 cobra &gt; ls1 but ls6 &gt; 03/04 cobra

New shelby mustang &gt; ls1 + ls2 but ls7 &gt; shelby mustang

ls1 &gt; mach 1/05 gt 3 valver but not by much, but ls1 can be made faster alot easier than the mach 1/05 gt

just thought id share ;) the cars arent really that camparable though. ford likes smaller displacement motors with boost, chevy likes big n/a motors.

stock vs stock you can compare number but after that they go in completely different directions.

im not dogging ford, i just think chevy has the slight advantage. all the cars are fast and very respectable.
                      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Dude just search online mustang gt videos, and they lose like 95% of them. It takes Ford a supercharger to beat a stock LS1, and now it took them an additional 3 years to finally make a mustang thats on par with LS1 Performance. Plus GTO spanks all of those sissy stangs. So LS2 &gt; ford

Comment

2002 Camaro Z28, $30,0000
                          2004 Mustang Cobra fully loaded, $39,000

Price difference, yes. Much? Eh, not really.

LS6 is equivilent to the 03/04 Cobra motors in performance. 2002 Z06 runs a 12.8 1/4 stock while a 2003/2004 Cobra runs a 13.2 at the same MPH - the big difference being the 300lbs in weight difference.

The Mach 1, you forget, is just the previous years DOHC Cobra motor with a 5 speed manual tranny and a live axle rear. They'll run 13.5s all day long bone stock for the same price of a Z28.

Articacid, yes - the new Z06 does beat the new SVT just a little bit in performance. But at what cost, $20,000 extra? Fully loaded the new SVT Convertible is only going to tip just shy of $50k.

GTO is heavy and runs the same as a Mach 1, learn your facts again.

1NotSo, I can show you endless videos of ford beating chevy, chevy beating ford, dodge beating them both, and imports winning and losing.. But your statements were ignorant [img]smile.gif[/img]

Theres a reason why the Camaro & Firebird were put on the chopping block. Chevy built a true low to the ground modern muscle/sports car but Ford kept theirs more driveable. By doing so they did lose a little in the performance end of the deal but they made up for it in sales, then SVT came along and ran with GM. Then in 2003 showed dominanace with the new Cobra. Yes, ford threw a blower on it, but they were ~70ci smaller in displacement so it all evens out.
                          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Man i love eBattles.... We can magazine race all day. Cobra's are fast. They cost more than an LS1, but can be made faster for cheaper. LS1's can be had for ~$10000 now. The day i see a '03/'04 Kabra at $10000 might be the day i become a ford man...
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

rofl 9,000$ difference and it needs a supercharger to run with a GM product, I could care less if a mustang ran 7 seconds stock in the 1/4. Those cars are monsterously gay, I think you like the cute lil pony in the front maybe? Face it, its not even fair to compare them both fbods are NA while the fords are forced induction. I have a vid of a WS6 spanking a cobra continiously and the cobra had one or two mods, minor mods for both of them. But none the less the WS6 raped him. Also about what 80% of mustang drivers are females, I think youll fit right into the fan club buddy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X