Failed inspection E-Brake help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Failed inspection E-Brake help

This ever get fixed? This post was on my mind the other day. Im sure more ppl have e brake problems so this would be a good idea to bump. The ebrakes are self adjusting. If they arent adjusting themselves There is only a few things that could be wrong. The ebrake works like a drum brake. If nothing is broken you may need to replace the actual pads themselves or the piston. Its a good idea to keep all your Ebrake parts clean and the cable lubed. You dont have to put grease on the cables but it can help prevent corrosion and wear.

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3504me View Post
      This ever get fixed? This post was on my mind the other day. Im sure more ppl have e brake problems so this would be a good idea to bump. The ebrakes are self adjusting. If they arent adjusting themselves There is only a few things that could be wrong. The ebrake works like a drum brake. If nothing is broken you may need to replace the actual pads themselves or the piston. Its a good idea to keep all your Ebrake parts clean and the cable lubed. You dont have to put grease on the cables but it can help prevent corrosion and wear.
      there is an adjustment on the rear disc brake version that you can adjust to get the pads to come out a bit further so you dont have to pull the ebrake handle up so far

Comment

yeah I fixed it . it was something insanely weird. There is a little pin like half the size of your pinky finger. It was sitting at an angle instead of sitting straight. Does any 1 know what I am talking about ? You have to completely take of the thing that tightens and loosens the emergency brakes themselves

Comment

It was in the lever setup, under the console?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X