F-body Brake upgrade - C7 Rotors and ATSV Calipers - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-body Brake upgrade - C7 Rotors and ATSV Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates Mike?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Cadillac ATS brembo upgrade CamaroSorry it’s been insanely busy. Barely have time to work on the car. Having trouble getting the front shocks to line up to get my top bolts in currently… spent 2 hours on it yesterday.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I think I am going to paint the calipers, I bought the paint to do it. Mostly have everything I need to keep moving forward…

Comment

Yeah, On the shocks keep them loose before tightening them all the way until their lined up, then use the impact and tighten them down. Yeah calipers look better painted.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Right now I can only line up the 2 studs on the one side. When I go to thread the 2 bolts it catches, so must just be on enough of an angle I am worried about cross threading. I don’t want the damn inserts to spin loose because they cross thread and jam on me…

Comment

I would think if the studs lined up the bolts should line up too. That’s a pain. Are the mounts left and right specific or can you use them on both sides? I don’t remember.

Comment

Got 3 lined up, drilled the hole slightly larger, still couldn’t get the 4th bolt without it cross threading and ripping the nut free. So I drilled the nut out and ran a separate nut and bolt. Pain in the ass…

Finally did a dry fit for the calipers. I’ll need a spacer. I couldn’t find a 15mm, so I am going to order a hub centric 20mm one today.

Cadillac ats calipers on ls1 Camaro

Comment

Nice so if you need a spacer with 18s then 17s probably won’t fit. What’s your back spacing on your front tires? My ZR1s are 56mm.

Comment

I believe 17’s fit with the ats not ctsv calipers. I only need a spacer because the spokes of the rim hit the caliper. It’s funny, some spokes miss hitting it and others hit. I almost got away with no spacer. My backspace on my front rims is 56mm which I think is same as our stock rims

Comment

Cool,can’t wait for pics when your done.

Comment

Are you doing ATS or CTSV?

Comment

I did ATS calipers

Comment

Your 18s should of fit the ATS, I’ll probably leave mine alone for awhile, too many other projects.

Comment

Thats not a Brembo caliper its an off brand made by Cardone

Comment

Looking good Mike with a good ceramic pad you can lap the car or auto cross with no fade problem.

I have been thinking of doing 6 piston CTSV's on my Camaro when I need new brakes I think yellow would look sharp with the Silver Ice Metallic

Duralast Front Driver Side Brake Caliper 97Y17400B (autozone.com)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X