F-body Brake upgrade - C7 Rotors and ATSV Calipers - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-body Brake upgrade - C7 Rotors and ATSV Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-body Brake upgrade - C7 Rotors and ATSV Calipers

I saw this on one of the groups I belong to today and thought I would share it here (hope the original guy doesn't mind, and if he does he can email me through this site and I can remove any photos).

Looks like if you have LS1 spindles you can buy ATSV calipers + C7 stingray JL9 brake rotors + Jegs SSR wheels and everything fits without the use of spacers. I am trying to find out if stock rims would work or the typical vette rims.

Apparently the upgrade is only about $350 and you are able to reuse the stock brake lines. The brake bolt holts on the spindle need to be hit with a 9/16 drill bit (which doesn't matter because it is a pass through hole as the bolt goes through and screws into the spindle.

The OP in the group said C5 rims should clear, spacers may be required. I am trying to find out more information.

I'll post pictures from the thread from my phone shortly.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Pictures from the group I am in:

Attached Files

Comment

Pretty cool and not a bad price either.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am revisiting this. I have a frozen brake caliper, so it seems like now is the time to strike. Seems like you can use CTSV or ATS calipers (among some others) but the 2 versions require slightly different things to make it work

The CTSV will allow for 14” rotors to be used and require an 18” rim minimum (which I now have). The ATS calipers use a 12.6” rotor and can apparently be used on 17” rims.

I think I might opt for the ATS calipers and 12.6” rotor.

Comment

Nice Mike, can’t wait until your done. I know the 98+ upgrade was night and day difference so these should be also.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Put the order in for all my parts last night. I am hoping I don’t have to use a spacer for my rims with this setup, but time will tell.

Comment

Cool, let us know how they fit, I wouldn’t mind upgrading again, I have 17” wheels though.

Comment

From my understanding ATS fits with 17” rims as long as you use C7 Rotors. CTVS calipers do not fit 17’s. I’ll let you know how it goes and try compiling info in here

Comment

Cool, sounds good.

Comment

Where you getting your parts Mike? So far I found the rotors from R1 concepts for $175, calipers from Napa for $63 each, and the ceramic pads and hardware from R1 concepts for around $50. I think the total would be around $375-$400.

Comment

you found the calipers for $63 each?? Cheapest I could find them is $130usd, are you sure they are the right ones?

You did a helluva lot better than me finding parts for cheap lol. I got my rotors/pads last night from rock auto. Hoping to get the calipers today. My new hard brake lines (which aren't needed for this swap, I am doing them because they are crispy) are coming at the end of the month.

Part #'s for the cadillac calipers are ATS J55 172-2777 and 172-2768

Cheapest I found them was here:

Passenger side caliper: https://amzn.to/3wgcFF3
                      Driver side caliper: https://amzn.to/3dHFDat

Comment

Rockauto did have a package deal for the rotors/pads that I got for $219 shipped to Canada - but if I lived in the US it would of been like $130 or something

Comment

Nice, I’ll check it out.

Comment

I think it was Napa that had them for $63 each I’ll double check on the part #.

Comment

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CALSE1791

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X