New 245/50-16 Tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kumho Supra Ecsta 712 245/50/16ZR [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jhkcam:

So i guess that means mainly performance in the retail ~$150-$180 range (at the most). [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Thanks,

-Justin

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: jhkcam ]
      <hr></blockquote>

Kumho Ecsta Supra 245/50r/ZR16s [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] for wet road traction. I drive at a regular posted speed limit (70 mph) on a wet road and not even worrying about doing 180s or 360s on the highway. [img]smile.gif[/img] 85 bucks per tire, good deal!!
      <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

The Kumho's are good, but you have to be real careful about treadwear. If you can get a good deal on tires, I'd say go for the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW, they're normally expensive, but since you can get a good deal that's what I would look into. The Kumho's are definitely the best for the money though.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue94V6:
          The Kumho's are good, but you have to be real careful about treadwear. If you can get a good deal on tires, I'd say go for the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW, they're normally expensive, but since you can get a good deal that's what I would look into. The Kumho's are definitely the best for the money though.<hr></blockquote>

Couldn't have said it better myself.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Overall how is the treadwear on Kuhmos, I am going through my current set of tires in about I guess 16 months.

Comment

I dont know but the P245/50R16 Kumho 711s (not the 712s) are $55/ea and have a better treadwear than the 712s. They have a BFGoodrich/SP8000 like pattern and seem to be well admired. I intend on getting a set. At $55/ea if I get 20K out of them I'll be really happy :D
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I went threw my Badyear 235-55-16 in about 7 months.....I would never put on badyears tires on any of my cars. Every time I do they burn up. (Junk) Now BF on the other hand...Is the way to go. Handling is great. Tread wear is good. No problems ever... Except for nails. lol

Jack [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X