New 245/50-16 Tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kumho Supra Ecsta 712 245/50/16ZR [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jhkcam:

So i guess that means mainly performance in the retail ~$150-$180 range (at the most). [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Thanks,

-Justin

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: jhkcam ]
      <hr></blockquote>

Kumho Ecsta Supra 245/50r/ZR16s [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] for wet road traction. I drive at a regular posted speed limit (70 mph) on a wet road and not even worrying about doing 180s or 360s on the highway. [img]smile.gif[/img] 85 bucks per tire, good deal!!
      <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

The Kumho's are good, but you have to be real careful about treadwear. If you can get a good deal on tires, I'd say go for the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW, they're normally expensive, but since you can get a good deal that's what I would look into. The Kumho's are definitely the best for the money though.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue94V6:
          The Kumho's are good, but you have to be real careful about treadwear. If you can get a good deal on tires, I'd say go for the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW, they're normally expensive, but since you can get a good deal that's what I would look into. The Kumho's are definitely the best for the money though.<hr></blockquote>

Couldn't have said it better myself.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Overall how is the treadwear on Kuhmos, I am going through my current set of tires in about I guess 16 months.

Comment

I dont know but the P245/50R16 Kumho 711s (not the 712s) are $55/ea and have a better treadwear than the 712s. They have a BFGoodrich/SP8000 like pattern and seem to be well admired. I intend on getting a set. At $55/ea if I get 20K out of them I'll be really happy :D
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I went threw my Badyear 235-55-16 in about 7 months.....I would never put on badyears tires on any of my cars. Every time I do they burn up. (Junk) Now BF on the other hand...Is the way to go. Handling is great. Tread wear is good. No problems ever... Except for nails. lol

Jack [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X