No announcement yet.

Didn't notice much from STB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I got BMR's stb and kenny browns double diamond sfc what a diffrence they make especilly with my T tops i think they should come from the factory with them they make the car solid"

Yeah, I have the same gripe. It would cost GM about 50 bucks total to do it when they built the car. They might have sold a lot more cars.
    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

but if GM can sell 10,000 cars and save $150 per car by not adding those parts they've saved $1,500,000!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Who wouldnt want to save $1.5 million? Therefore they figure "it works without it, so dont include it". Ahh America - land of the penny pinchers.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

1.5 Million? That's a drop in the ocean to them. Your point still stands, however... plus that's one more performance modification that folks like us can spend money on! ;)
        www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Penny pinching is why they did it, but...

It costs us about $200 in parts. The aftermarket manufacturers probably spend about $100 total making the parts by hand. No way would it cost GM $150 to do it on the production line. $50, tops. The question is - How many more cars could they have sold if they did it? The reviews for the fbody convert talked about "old-fashioned body flex in the convertible". I knew I could fix it, but how many just walked away? How many would have bought an fbody if the reviews said "GM has strengthened the chassis over the old fbody and you can feel the difference"?
          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

That's a really good question. And for some reason I'm reminded how much I love Camaros... I just kinda want a newer one ;)
            www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Bob:
              Penny pinching is why they did it, but...
              <hr></blockquote>

This is why they have been at the top of the Fortune 500 list for God knows how long.
              - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X