Didn't notice much from STB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't notice much from STB

It arrived from BMR today and I installed it today, I noticed some difference but I don't think it's worth all the rave that some people have been giving it. I don't think I installed it wrong, it's not that difficult... don't get me wrong, I'm still pleased with the results it's just nothing spectacular. My road test didn't have any really high speed corners either though, is that where this thing will shine? I'll give it two thumbs up, but not two amazin' blazin thumbs! ;)
    www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it? Just so I can gauge about how well you think it is for the money that it cost ya.
    1994 3.4L 5-speed V6<br />flowmaster 80 series<br />Jet Chip Stage II<br />160 Degree Thermostat<br />free ram air mod<p><br />DO NOT PATRONIZE COORPORATE GREED!!!!!!!

Comment

Do you have a hard top or t-top fbody?

The difference is much more noticable with ttops. I've had both, and I did not notice a difference on the hard top.
      Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
      "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
      http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

eureka - i think it was just under $87

seppo - ahhh, that might be it. I have a hard top. thanks for the insight - have you ever had subframe connectors? do you think they would be complimentary?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrSquirts:
          seppo - ahhh, that might be it. I have a hard top. thanks for the insight - have you ever had subframe connectors? do you think they would be complimentary?<hr></blockquote>

I'm getting subframes next. But I'm undecided between boxed or tubular. From what I've heard they compliment the stb. The stiffer the chassis the more the suspension does the work
          Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
          "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
          http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Eureka and anyone else interested i am going to order a stb on friday i contacted BMR they said if i can get 3 people we can have them for $75 each but i have to send the money in one check so you would need to get me the money by friday well i could wait till monday if you were seriousley interested !!!
            AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

whte - you might try posting in the for sale section... these tower braces are a fairly hot commodity

Comment

Sheesh, hehe I feel lucky when I got my STB from Brett, I got a red blemished one (only blems were on the underside of the mounting plates) for $55 shipped. That was back about a year ago too though, since I think his stuff has gotten really popular.

Just my 2 cents,
                Spunger

Comment

My first STB was a Hotchkis one, and I couldn't tell too much difference either. Then, when I installed my SFC's, it made a pretty noticible difference when the STB was and was not there. I think that you will be able to tell also when you install some SFC's. When I removed the Hotchkis STB and installed a LG Motorsports 3-poinmt brace, I could tell even more difference than before.
                  - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

For 75 bucks u cant get anything better! I was doing 100mph and it feels like ur doin 75. How can u give an opinion on it if u didnt take any hard turns. All i know is that the back roads are bumpy as **** as high speeds and with this $75 mod they are practically smooth.
                    98 mystic teal camaro 3.08 gears 3.8 A4 tinted out, free ram air k&n air filter Flow-master muffler <br />whisper lid. 160* STAT, BMR STB<br />tranny cooler,Msd dis 4,Taylor 8mm wires, NGK TR6 Spark Plugs<br />NOS-30shot<br />-Boxed LCA\'s, <br />Best time - N/A 15.354<br />Best 60\' N/A 2.277

Comment

I've been noticing it a little more in the last few days. I'm still pleased with it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I still can't believe the ride on the highway. I'm gonna have to slow down though. Gettin' a little too cocky with my driving. Gonna flip the S.O.B. Oh, my car's a hard top.
                        <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

a stb is not going to give you an all out i feel the difference in the suspension, especially with hard turns. try going over speed bumps with and without the stb, then you'll feel the diff. not with hard turns. get subframe connectors and then you can tell a diff. with the hard turns. an stb is allright, you just need to know what kind of difference you are looking for.
                          6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

I ordered my STB from BMR and Im waiting for it to come in, I hope that it will get here soon, I have a convertable and I can't wait to stiffen up the suspension. I hope that it will help out a bit, but for bout 80 bucks how can I go wrong?
                            1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

I got BMR's stb and kenny browns double diamond sfc what a diffrence they make especilly with my T tops i think they should come from the factory with them they make the car solid wouldnt trade them for nothin and yea they make it drive to well I get on the car for a sec and am passing people left and right Im like why the hell are people going so slow i look down im at 100 like opps [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X