No announcement yet.

00-02 Camaro SS Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are cool, but here's my 2/100 of a dollar, if your going to spend a bunch of money, get something custom and unique.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

SLP sells a jounce spacer kit that is to be used when using the 17" wheels on the cars that didn't come with them from the factory. I don't have the catalog handy right now, but I'll check it out and post later. I believe what it does is decrease the maximum suspension travel so that the car doesn't "bottom out" on the tires. Remember that even though with stock tire sizes the overall tire diameter is the same with both sets of wheels, the inside edge of the tire is further inward in the wheel housings.
      \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

where can rims like that be found? i love them too. i just ruined two of my other oneson a stupid curb, what the heck are those things for anyway, other than ruining perfectly good rims?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheBulldog:
          i just ruined two of my other oneson a stupid curb, what the heck are those things for anyway, other than ruining perfectly good rims?<hr></blockquote>

Keeping you from running into a person walking on the sidewalk and/or another car in the other lane.

Comment

Alright, here's the scoop on the jounce spacers that I mentioned a few posts back. They are technically called "Jounce Bumper Spacers" SLP part number 80046. In the catalog it states that they are to be used whenever installing 17" wheels on any 1993 - 2000 Camaro or Firebird. They are designed to raise the jounce bumper to prevent tire contact with the inner wheel well. Price is only $24.95 so I would use them just for peace of mind. SLPs order phone # is 732-349-2109.

Hope this helps!
            \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cixelsyD21:

Keeping you from running into a person walking on the sidewalk and/or another car in the other lane.
              <hr></blockquote>

why do people have to walk anyway. curbs suck! i don't care what people say they're for, it's another way for the government to coolect taxes on the wheels people have to replace and charging them to fix them when you smack 'em good

[ May 11, 2002: Message edited by: TheBulldog ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheBulldog:

why do people have to walk anyway. curbs suck! i don't care what people say they're for, it's another way for the government to coolect taxes on the wheels people have to replace and charging them to fix them when you smack 'em good

[ May 11, 2002: Message edited by: TheBulldog ]
                <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] It's a conspiracy!!! Ahhhh!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Actually, I've never damaged a wheel on a curb. Why don't you keep your car on the asphalt?
                \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

do you think that i did it on purpose? i just guess the car can't handle 95 mph turns very well, oh well

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X