Any other changes with Eibach Springs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other changes with Eibach Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any other changes with Eibach Springs

Since the LS1 and 3.8 are about the same weight you should be good.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Cool, I figured they would be but didn't know about engine weight in the front.

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
      SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Comment

Since our engine Is iron, ls1 is alum, I think its roughly 40lbs difference in curb weight.

Comment

Actually, the Strano springs are progressive rear, linear front, but I believe most of the lighter rate in the rear is taken up by the compression from the body weight. I have a set of BMR springs on my car, and as near as I can tell they're almost identical rate-wise to the Strano springs. The biggest difference is Sam's springs seem to be considerably lighter. I love the BMR springs, and would highly recommend those (or Strano's) over the Eibachs.

I had a pair of pro-kit springs on the rear of my car for a while, and it would bang the bump stops going over any decent-sized bump. You could probably help that some with stiffer shocks, but the AGXs I have on my car (set on 5 or 6 - 8 is max) weren't doing it. With the BMR springs I don't ever recall bottoming out. Oh, and IIRC both springs are designed for the V8 cars, but that just means the front drop is a little less than advertised (I think mine dropped like 3/4" instead of the a 1-1/4" advertised), but the rears still drop the same. The car sits pretty much level now, which I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            17" wheels are fine, sway bars would be 32mm front , 19mm rear and you'll notice the difference. SFC's was night and day difference I'd recommend to anyone in a F body.
            This ^

i built my suspension on a budget and the car handled like it was on rails with eibach springs, kyb shocks, weld in subframe connectors (amazing), adjustable lca's and panhard, relocation brackets welded, strut tower (mild improvement), and sitting on 275/40 tires on all corners. toss in 32/19 sways with energy suspension accessories and change your bumpstops and you have a go-kart handling camaro.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X